Schwintek slide problem - Page 4 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2015, 01:56 AM   #61

Washington
I am curious you hear lots of problems but...........of course you never hear the never had a problem. It scared me to no end but I liked the unit so I got one. Maybe we could hear from some of the people that never had issues or how they use them. If we all put our heads together I think we could stop a lot of the issues. Example......When we got our unit (used) the slides were all sticking out a little. I read to hold it 10 sec when you got to the in or out because it would reset its self. Problem solved. Pledge Hell I will give it a try what does it hurt. People could even responded to this post with never had problems and then at least we would know it is an issue with the way it is set up.

catdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:03 AM   #62

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txchief View Post
I've not had any problems with my slides, but during my last service visit to fix/repair my couch issues, I asked the techs what they were using for lubrication and they all said that the manufacturer was recommending lemon Pledge. Just spray it on the track, let it sit for a minute and slide it in and out a couple of times. I tried it and it really worked well. Much smoother operation than previously. Just throwin' that out there. I didn't see this mentioned in the thread.
We're waiting for the company weenie to post his new video on how to lube the slides with Lemon Pledge.

I guess I'll use last year's recommended high dollar dry lube to polish my furniture

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:37 AM   #63

Oklahoma
We haven't had any slide problems either. We are ALWAYS level and on shore/generator power before we move them, especially the big slide. The only problem we have had is we left one of the end windows open and tried to close the slide. The window stopped the slide, but didn't break amazingly enough. It was the only time that I didn't inspect the slide before we pulled it in. Now, it is on the checklist to close all the slide windows.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:50 AM   #64

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
We're waiting for the company weenie to post his new video on how to lube the slides with Lemon Pledge.

I guess I'll use last year's recommended high dollar dry lube to polish my furniture
Let me know how the Lemon works on a lemon product and how dry lube work on your furniture Robert. Lol. . First I've heard of this! Prime the slide with pledge and lets time it coming in and out... maybe a record.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:51 AM   #65

Washington
Macman83 thanks for your reply. Its nice to hear no problems. The windows will now be on our check list also.
catdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:15 AM   #66

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by macman83 View Post
We haven't had any slide problems either. We are ALWAYS level and on shore/generator power before we move them, especially the big slide. The only problem we have had is we left one of the end windows open and tried to close the slide. The window stopped the slide, but didn't break amazingly enough. It was the only time that I didn't inspect the slide before we pulled it in. Now, it is on the checklist to close all the slide windows.
I took the knobs off of those windows.
arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 12:53 PM   #67

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper2b View Post
Let me know how the Lemon works on a lemon product and how dry lube work on your furniture Robert. Lol. . First I've heard of this! Prime the slide with pledge and lets time it coming in and out... maybe a record.
Have to give 'em credit. Their old worn out excuse of the motors being out of time has run its course. Now we'll lubricate them with sweet smelling furniture polish to cover another pile of poor excuse crap.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 04:46 AM   #68

Oregon
Slide problems

At least I'm not alone I have replaced motors three different times on the big slide once on the small and the big slide failed again on my present trip to Wash. Fun times again.
1948 Indian Chief 1987 Goldwing
Itsbish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 04:18 PM   #69

California
I have a Schwintek unit on my bedroom slide. It has a trouble code indicating hall effect signal, which is supposedly a wire connection problem. I have switched control modules and still have the problem. I am now going to try to locate the short in the wiring. Any hints as to where to look first. I don't want to take it to the rv dealer, 50 miles away, and have heard that sometimes they keep it for months. Anyone had a similar problem and found the fix? Thanks, paulhuyck
paulhuyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 04:35 PM   #70

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhuyck View Post
I have a Schwintek unit on my bedroom slide. It has a trouble code indicating hall effect signal, which is supposedly a wire connection problem. I have switched control modules and still have the problem. I am now going to try to locate the short in the wiring. Any hints as to where to look first. I don't want to take it to the rv dealer, 50 miles away, and have heard that sometimes they keep it for months. Anyone had a similar problem and found the fix? Thanks, paulhuyck
The short story: In my case, a meter test determined the motor had actually failed (unlike the controller code documentation, which said "most likely loose wire"). This was a dealer's diagnosis, who fixed the problem under warranty. The full story starts in #1 of this thread. Good luck in your troubleshooting.
2010 Yamaha YZ125
mikesnider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:17 PM   #71

Iowa
Quote:
Paul, I was going to mention just unplugging all the wires from the control module then plugging them back in, like a reboot, but since you switched the module you have already done that.Although it won't hurt to try that one more time. I would check the crimped on connectors that plug into the module. I had a soldered wire break on a motor right where it was soldered on. If you can get to the motor there is a plastic cap that covers the cuircut board where the wires are soldered on, you can easily resolder it but you will have to remove the motor. I really think it will be a motor problem.
dougs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:47 PM   #72

California
Thanks for your response Doug. I will give you a little more information on my problem.
I am able to get the slide all the way in or out by putting it either out or in about 8 inches (where it gets in a sideways bind) then I push the button the opposite way to move the slide about an inch or two then I am able to continue putting it either in or out. I am just afraid that it may die completely sometime, but I am able to use the slide, it is just inconvenient. Both motors work. I unplugged both of the modules again with no change.
Thank you,
paulhuyck
Old 06-09-2016, 09:54 PM   #73

Texas
Quote:

Will the override function work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 HDs & Can-Am Two up
nmroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:58 PM   #74

California
Thanks Mike,
Both motors work, the slide gets in a bind and stops at which time I reverse the slide about one inch and then I can return to moving it either in or out about 8 inches at a time. It is still useable, but I am afraid that it might stop completely.
paulhuyck
Old 06-09-2016, 10:02 PM   #75

California
No, it still works the same, about 8 inches at a time until it goes a little crooked and gets in a bind, then I reverse it one inch and then continue either in or out for about 8 more inches.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:04 PM   #76

California
The override function does not change anything.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:07 PM   #77

Texas
Quote:
The override function does not change anything.

My kitchen slide has thrown this same code twice, but mine stop and will not operate without putting into override. On both occasions it resolved itself. After 3 to 4 cycles. I can only scratch my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 HDs & Can-Am Two up
nmroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:26 PM   #78

California
Tried override, doesn't change anything.
Thanks
Old 06-09-2016, 10:59 PM   #79
Site Team

North Carolina
Paul,
Have you tried to synchronize the motors? If you have and are still having problems there is either a broken part or the entire system is out of tolerance. The Schwintek system is actually pretty robust, however it cannot be out of adjustment in any direction by more than 1/8". Unfortunately Dutchman has problems getting stuff within the tolerances much worse than that.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:29 AM   #80

Iowa
Quote:
Tried override, doesn't change anything.
Thanks
I agree completely with Aaron, have you lubed the track and bearing blocks, I use 303 on the rubber seals and on the sides of the slides, I guess Pledge is the latest thing but anything to help make the thing slide easier. Do you know of any water damage-swelling on the floor that might make the slide work harder or the rollers under the floor? Sounds like it just gets itself out of time and the retiming procedure should help?

dougs2 is offline   Reply With Quote