2023 Atlas 2992RLF - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2023, 12:50 AM   #1

Texas
2023 Atlas 2992RLF

1st time poster. We purchased this trailer new July 19th and went on a 2 week vacation. Found the grey water valve stuck open and swapped with the black tank valve. Camping world was not able to get me in to fix it in Ft Worth or Vegas so I ended up fixing it myself. 15 min fix for something they claimed would be ac couple day job. Thought this would be the end of our problems.

We found one of the awnings wouldn't come out next, along with some trim peaces that came off. When we got back home we took the trailer back to have a list of things repaired.

Got a call from stating they opened the passenger side slide, heard a pop and stopped. The slide fell and pulled the awning cover out of the side of the trailer. Apparently one of the cables snapped and now that has to be repaired. Is this normal for a "new" trailer?

I have contacted Dutchmen to voice my frustrations with their workmanship.

The awning turned out to be ground wire crushed due to the way the wires were run in. Initially I was told a new motor would be needed but since I questioned them as BOTH awnings at one point wouldn't come out, they went back and re-examined and found this.

oscarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 01:40 AM   #2

Colorado
We bought our 2019 unit new in 2020 and have had a number of build quality issues.

A BAL cable snapped and two others frayed after our first or second trip. (3 Slides) - Fixed, but not in a reasonable time.

Numerous window valances have fallen off. The valance installation prevents the shades from proper operation - fixing ourselves.

The panels on the 'end tables' would not stay screwed in place - fixed ourselves

The end trays in the basement were very poorly installed and allowed rodents and water to enter the camper. - fixed ourselves

The fireplace failed to operate. - unit replaced under warranty, but I did the work k since We couldn't leave it at the dealership for two weeks

This isn't our first camper, by is easily the worst in build quality. A few issues that I know the dealer and certainly not the manufacturer would do anything about

The drawers are either very difficult to open or won't stay closed.

There are a lot of VERY large holes between the living area and the 'sealed' in undercarriage which cases a lot of dust and dirt intrusion.

A lot of screws are loose or work the selves loose (loctite anyone?)

The bedroom door wouldn't stay closed during travel and pulled the screws out of the hinges.

The valve for selecting the pump or 'antifreeze tube' was improperly installed.

And as a final insult, the bottom rail on a slide out has 'come loose' and is allowing water intrusion. This happened on our last trip and I have fully investigated what the issue is...

Yeah, not great build QA

andrewgehring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 10:06 PM   #3

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgehring View Post
We bought our 2019 unit new in 2020 and have had a number of build quality issues.

A BAL cable snapped and two others frayed after our first or second trip. (3 Slides) - Fixed, but not in a reasonable time.

Numerous window valances have fallen off. The valance installation prevents the shades from proper operation - fixing ourselves.

The panels on the 'end tables' would not stay screwed in place - fixed ourselves

The end trays in the basement were very poorly installed and allowed rodents and water to enter the camper. - fixed ourselves

The fireplace failed to operate. - unit replaced under warranty, but I did the work k since We couldn't leave it at the dealership for two weeks

This isn't our first camper, by is easily the worst in build quality. A few issues that I know the dealer and certainly not the manufacturer would do anything about

The drawers are either very difficult to open or won't stay closed.

There are a lot of VERY large holes between the living area and the 'sealed' in undercarriage which cases a lot of dust and dirt intrusion.

A lot of screws are loose or work the selves loose (loctite anyone?)

The bedroom door wouldn't stay closed during travel and pulled the screws out of the hinges.

The valve for selecting the pump or 'antifreeze tube' was improperly installed.

And as a final insult, the bottom rail on a slide out has 'come loose' and is allowing water intrusion. This happened on our last trip and I have fully investigated what the issue is...

Yeah, not great build QA
Sorry to hear you also had issues. Our previous was a Jayco and we had just as many if not more issues. Sad for what we pay the quality couldn't be just a tad better.
oscarel is offline   Reply With Quote