New Voltage owner - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-30-2016, 02:53 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lake Havasu City
Posts: 38
Arizona
New Voltage owner

We sold an old toy hauler to go the Class A route and talked and talked and talked and decided that with the two big German shepherds we travel with it would be best to go back to the hauler. Was shopping the Raptor 425ts pretty hard until this used Voltage 3950 jumped out and snagged us. Only 2 years old, 90 hours on the generator, never cooked in and used 4 times. Lol could not pass it up! Took her for our maiden voyage this week and are very thankful that everything works! Luckily we have all of the manuals for it. We are seriously thinking of getting a extended warranty on it but with some of the stories we have read it seems like a waste of money.....until something breaks
__________________

1jeepdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 03:09 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Utah
Posts: 83
Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jeepdriver View Post
We sold an old toy hauler to go the Class A route and talked and talked and talked and decided that with the two big German shepherds we travel with it would be best to go back to the hauler. Was shopping the Raptor 425ts pretty hard until this used Voltage 3950 jumped out and snagged us. Only 2 years old, 90 hours on the generator, never cooked in and used 4 times. Lol could not pass it up! Took her for our maiden voyage this week and are very thankful that everything works! Luckily we have all of the manuals for it. We are seriously thinking of getting a extended warranty on it but with some of the stories we have read it seems like a waste of money.....until something breaks
Congratulations,-- Pictures??
__________________

Helidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:30 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lake Havasu City
Posts: 38
Arizona
Smile

First I have to learn how to download
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	3217  
1jeepdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 03:20 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Minden
Posts: 695
Nevada
1jeepdriver, Welcome, Very nice, we have 2 Labs, and when we don't have our toys in the back, they own the garage.....
__________________
Rich and Angela, Lab Dogs, Ruben, Ace
2015 Voltage V3895
2006 Lance Truck Camper 1181
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 03:59 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Utah
Posts: 83
Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jeepdriver View Post
First I have to learn how to download
Wow it's amazing - full paint - love it . If I can ask what did you pay ?
Helidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:18 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lake Havasu City
Posts: 38
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helidriver View Post
Wow it's amazing - full paint - love it . If I can ask what did you pay ?
They were asking 65 and we paid 63k for it. It is literally brand new.
1jeepdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:21 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lake Havasu City
Posts: 38
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNevada View Post
1jeepdriver, Welcome, Very nice, we have 2 Labs, and when we don't have our toys in the back, they own the garage.....
Yes! Our boys own the trailer!!! The more we looked I kept asking where would we put their beds? Where to feed? The water bowl??? The toy hauler won hands down and it's nice to not have them underfoot when cooking
1jeepdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:03 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Minden
Posts: 695
Nevada
1jeepdriver, I have one that's young, still jumping all over, so I put a small cage in the garage, and it works great, when we are eating, the boys don't come into the kitchen area
__________________
Rich and Angela, Lab Dogs, Ruben, Ace
2015 Voltage V3895
2006 Lance Truck Camper 1181
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 03:44 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Tucson
Posts: 822
Arizona
Lemme see: 90 hours on the gen, used 4 times, and never cooked in. Except for the gen, how can any of that be verified. Gen hours make me suspicious. Best of luck with your new rig.
__________________
2014 Voltage 3600
2013 Chevy 3500 CC DRW
2011 Harley Ultra Limited 2016 RZR 900
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:35 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lake Havasu City
Posts: 38
Arizona
Well sometimes you just have to take people at their word as not everyone is a liar or a thief. This was a very wealthy man that we bought this from that only used it as an infield party place while his NASCAR ran at Phoenix and the rest of the time sat inside his warehouse in storage where we bought it from where we got to drool over some of the rest of his toys. We were satisfied that they were telling us the truth. The unit still smells new, the vacuum system was still wrapped up, no bag ever in the unit, wheel clocks still wrapped in the box. It looked like the only thing that was used was the bitchen satellite system that He had installed and the 4 upgraded TVs that are in it. So yes, we are happy and hope to enjoy many years using it ��
1jeepdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:38 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Desert Hot Springs
Posts: 1,760
California
Very nice & that was a good deal.
__________________
Mike
2002 42' Monaco Signature Triple Crown tow 2014 F-150
2014 Voltage V3605 Sold 5/3/17
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:48 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lake Havasu City
Posts: 38
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Very nice & that was a good deal.
Thanks. We thought so too and just could not pass it up
1jeepdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:17 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 72
California
Congratulations on your purchase. I like that paint color. We just bought a 3970 with the traditional white color scheme. We also got a fantastic deal on this unit so I am not complaining.
__________________
Alan
2016 Voltage 3970
2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab CTD Dually
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
Alsdas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:06 PM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lake Havasu City
Posts: 38
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsdas88 View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. I like that paint color. We just bought a 3970 with the traditional white color scheme. We also got a fantastic deal on this unit so I am not complaining.
Congratulations and wishing you many many happy trails!!! ! We have been without a trailer for almost 2 years so we are very happy to have wheels to go! Still thinking of getting new G rated tires even tho these look perfect and the trailer was stored inside they are still 2 years old. Just having tire sticker shock!! Lol
__________________
John and Donna 2- Germans Jack and Wroen
2014 Voltage 3950 2016 Can Am Maverick 1000
2016 Ford F-350 4X4 Dually
2014 Sun Tracker Tri-Toon and happily retired!!!
1jeepdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:30 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 72
California
Hi John. Thanks for the well wishes. Part of the reason we got this 3970 was we are moving back to Arizona. We have a S+B in Phoenix, but it is occupied and the TH was the perfect solution for us. I will actually be working in the Tucson and Sierra Vista area and this will allow us to have maximum flexibility the next few years. Regarding tires, I see DesertRat has changed his over from the factory China Bombs to a Hankook variety, I am waiting for his input before deciding if I want to change over my 6 tires right away or wait a period of time.
__________________
Alan
2016 Voltage 3970
2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab CTD Dually
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
Alsdas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:57 PM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lake Havasu City
Posts: 38
Arizona
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsdas88 View Post
Hi John. Thanks for the well wishes. Part of the reason we got this 3970 was we are moving back to Arizona. We have a S+B in Phoenix, but it is occupied and the TH was the perfect solution for us. I will actually be working in the Tucson and Sierra Vista area and this will allow us to have maximum flexibility the next few years. Regarding tires, I see DesertRat has changed his over from the factory China Bombs to a Hankook variety, I am waiting for his input before deciding if I want to change over my 6 tires right away or wait a period of time.
What's an s and b and this is Donna. Lol I am the social director of our twosome. Lol you will never find John on here. I just tell him how many pairs of underwear he needs to pack and hooks everything up and we go...... And I do most of the driving and ALL of the backing he is a spoiled boy as mama loves to drive. I think I may have been a trucker in my past life!!
__________________
John and Donna 2- Germans Jack and Wroen
2014 Voltage 3950 2016 Can Am Maverick 1000
2016 Ford F-350 4X4 Dually
2014 Sun Tracker Tri-Toon and happily retired!!!
1jeepdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:05 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 72
California
LOL! Hi Donna. S+B is sticks and bricks (traditional house). I am in training as my wife is driving this show now. She is tired of my career choices (heavy travel) and never being home. I am more than happy to oblige, much like John.
__________________
Alan
2016 Voltage 3970
2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab CTD Dually
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
Alsdas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:41 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lake Havasu City
Posts: 38
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsdas88 View Post
LOL! Hi Donna. S+B is sticks and bricks (traditional house). I am in training as my wife is driving this show now. She is tired of my career choices (heavy travel) and never being home. I am more than happy to oblige, much like John.
Good for you! Happy wife, happy life! We have been retired for 3'years this month! Well John originally retired in 2009 and then found a job while I was still having to work but we both pulled the plug in 2013 and never looked back!! Moved out of Calif to Arizona and it was the best decision we could have made!
__________________
John and Donna 2- Germans Jack and Wroen
2014 Voltage 3950 2016 Can Am Maverick 1000
2016 Ford F-350 4X4 Dually
2014 Sun Tracker Tri-Toon and happily retired!!!
1jeepdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:45 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 72
California
Can't wait to get back to Arizona. San Diego has been ok, but it just is not the life we desire. Once I get my transfer orders, we will put CA in the review mirror and start to really enjoy ourselves in our new TH.
__________________
Alan
2016 Voltage 3970
2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab CTD Dually
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
Alsdas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 05:03 PM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lake Havasu City
Posts: 38
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsdas88 View Post
Can't wait to get back to Arizona. San Diego has been ok, but it just is not the life we desire. Once I get my transfer orders, we will put CA in the review mirror and start to really enjoy ourselves in our new TH.
Military?
__________________

1jeepdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2020 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×