GFCI's in a Voltage c 3895 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2014, 12:05 AM   #1

Texas
GFCI's in a Voltage c 3895

I have a 2015 Voltage 3895 and 2 garage outlets near the back door, 1/2 bath outlet and the one on the wall in kitchen that is connected to the 1/2 bath, do not work. I have looked everywhere for a second gfci. I have replaced the one in the master bathroom, but no change of power on the 4 outlets w/o power. I have put in a call to the park to have their ppl check the main breaker to assure that their isn't a bad leg on it. .am I missing anything?

pipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:18 AM   #2

Virginia
My outlet outside by the main entry along with master bath is on that line too. Maybe one of them

Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:38 AM   #3

Texas
It's a regular outlet..used it yesterday to power my saw and drill. ..even crawled into the storage to check that outlet. ...also a regular outlet. .
Old 11-10-2014, 02:20 AM   #4

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipeliner View Post
I have a 2015 Voltage 3895 and 2 garage outlets near the back door, 1/2 bath outlet and the one on the wall in kitchen that is connected to the 1/2 bath, do not work. I have looked everywhere for a second gfci. I have replaced the one in the master bathroom, but no change of power on the 4 outlets w/o power. I have put in a call to the park to have their ppl check the main breaker to assure that their isn't a bad leg on it. .am I missing anything?
There's a GFCI in the refrigerator access hole also, probably. The refrigerator uses it and it might be the safety circuit for the down stream outlets.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:13 PM   #5

Texas
I will have to check the plug for the fridge when I get home from work. .
Old 08-19-2017, 03:50 PM   #6

Texas
I have the same problem, I checked my fridge plug and there is no GFCI. Were you able to fine a solution?
ljsargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 02:11 PM   #7

I looked on my 3200 voltage Dutchmen schematic which shows 6 gfci on mine. One in the storage bay but it says storage or could be the outside plug near it.. it's hard to tell, one on the kitchen counter, one in the bath and one on the outside near the outside control panel for the water etc. There are two GFI, not GFCI (according to schematic) located on the rear wall of the bay. Maybe that will give you a little help as to where yours might be located. Good luck.. if that doesn't work try calling Dutchmen and ask for a schematic be sent to you. That is what I did.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 02:19 PM   #8

Texas
Gfci

My rv only has 1 gfci..I had to just trace the outlets one by one to see which had power and which did not..I checked the outlet on the outside and it had power but when I checked under the belly, it had NO power. So I pulled the paneling off of the inside to be able to see the wiring..Found out that they are all daisy chained together. That being said, i had to pull the outside outlet off of the wall and found put that there was a loose wire to the non working outlet. Just killed all power and pushed the loose wire into place again..Fixed everything...These outlets are cheap and are push blocks and not the screw in type..so Try checking your outlets and see where the power stops working...then back up one and check it and if not that one..check the non working outlet for a loose wire..GOOD LUCK
Old 08-20-2017, 03:16 PM   #9

Texas
I found that my gfci outlet was of the same quality as I found at Home Depot. But, ALL other outlets in the RV were the cheap push-in contact type.

I replaced the outlets that were being fed from the gfci outlet with high quality residential outlets.

That seemed to fix the occasional tripping of my gfci "inside" the RV when using the outdoor kitchen outlets.
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:39 PM   #10

Texas
One of my tailgate buddies bathroom GFI plug kept tripping on his new Cyclone. We messed with it all weekend without success even replacing it with one from Home Depot.

He had to call out a mobile RV Repair under warranty and they traced the problem to a loose ground in the electrical junction box where the generator connects in the front compartment.

I think a loose ground anywhere in the circuit would cause that same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike & Helen
2014 Voltage 3895 EPIC III
2013 Ford F350 CC DRW FX4
HornedToad is offline   Reply With Quote