Does your 2014 Voltage have an LCI remote control? - Page 4 - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler

Old 12-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #31

Oklahoma
Can you post a pic of the remote? Different processes you know.

sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #32

Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
someone posted how to program the remote for different features or options the remote can control. something like press the power button 5 times to enter the programming mode. I have tried that and get nothing. Has anyone been successful in entering the programming mode with their remote. Mine only does and outside light, awnings and slides.
Any help in entering the programming mode would be helpful
I was able to get into the programming mode by pressing the button 5 times. It allowed me to add other items that are preprogrammed into the remote such as 2nd awning, additional slides, generator, lights, etc. (granted none of them actually did anything). I need to look at my controller board to see if there are additional spots available for programming functions, however the hardest part, and the one thing that will probably keep me from adding functions, will be the wiring.

Edit: Attached you will find instructions for programming the remote that I have. I'm not sure if yours is the same.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #33

I would be happy to post a picture but my one trip to the shop camper is guess where.. In the shop having a new Black water tank being replaced. This is the second tank since I have owned it in a whole year. Every time I go out the camper goes in (to the shop) to be repaired.. damn.. when is it going to end.. worse than a boat.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:46 AM   #34

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
I would be happy to post a picture but my one trip to the shop camper is guess where.. In the shop having a new Black water tank being replaced. This is the second tank since I have owned it in a whole year. Every time I go out the camper goes in (to the shop) to be repaired.. damn.. when is it going to end.. worse than a boat.

Don't feel so badly, I dropped 440 bucks this morning to the mobile tech to winterize my thing and to get the slide back in. Now I'm able to make the trip to Tulsa for the dealer to do his warranty magic on the 'oh so ever' broken slide mechanism.

Too bad service calls aren't covered under warranty. I guess crap is supposed to break down in the dealer's lot.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:08 AM   #35

North Carolina
Thanks for posting this thread. Though I haven't had a chance to use our new 3950 and everything seems cool, one thing I don't like is the fact there is no remote. Even my vengeance had a control that I could stand behind the tailgate and lower the feet on to my gooseneck.

It's kind of hard to drop a gooseneck trailer onto a gooseneck ball when you can't see the darn thing.

Though I don't have a remote to move the slides (it would be nice but not necc.) I sure would like to drop the front down while watching it.

Mark
Old 12-11-2013, 01:11 AM   #36

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush View Post
Thanks for posting this thread. Though I haven't had a chance to use our new 3950 and everything seems cool, one thing I don't like is the fact there is no remote. Even my vengeance had a control that I could stand behind the tailgate and lower the feet on to my gooseneck.

It's kind of hard to drop a gooseneck trailer onto a gooseneck ball when you can't see the darn thing.

Though I don't have a remote to move the slides (it would be nice but not necc.) I sure would like to drop the front down while watching it.

Mark

Just a follow up. I called Voltage today and they said that some of the trailers had the option of coming with a remote… (apparently not mine)

I'm going to look into do some wiring to make my own switch up front.

Mark
Old 12-11-2013, 01:22 AM   #37

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush View Post
Just a follow up. I called Voltage today and they said that some of the trailers had the option of coming with a remote… (apparently not mine)

I'm going to look into do some wiring to make my own switch up front.

Mark
There is a universal remote available from the receiver manufacturer for a mere 25 bucks. The remote is only numbered, no labels as to function but that's minor.

It's their standard 12 button RF transmitter. I don't have the part number but if you call them they will very sincerely provide you with the correct part and email you the programming instructions.

I can't say without a doubt the transmitter works because the receiver is in the rig in Tulsa and the just received remote is out front in my truck in Arizona.

GAMA Electronics, Inc - Custom Electronic Controls & Assemblies
Old 12-11-2013, 01:33 AM   #38

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
There is a universal remote available from the receiver manufacturer for a mere 25 bucks. The remote is only numbered, no labels as to function but that's minor.

It's their standard 12 button RF transmitter. I don't have the part number but if you call them they will very sincerely provide you with the correct part and email you the programming instructions.

I can't say without a doubt the transmitter works because the receiver is in the rig in Tulsa and the just received remote is out front in my truck in Arizona.

GAMA Electronics, Inc - Custom Electronic Controls & Assemblies

Thank you… I will call tomorrow and see if there is something that can be rigged up.

At absolute worst, I will see if it's possible to hardwire to and/or move the entire unit to where I can see my gooseneck.

Thanks,

Mark