3895 vs V3605 vs other - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-05-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hilton
Posts: 11
New York
3895 vs V3605 vs other

My intended use would be extended living (snowbirding) for DW & me, and ability to take my HD Heritage along to warmer climes. I might possibly add a golf cart or utv at some point, but that's not really a consideration at this point. I like the layouts of both the abovementioned units. My questions are:
1. What's the difference between the Voltage Haulers and V-Series with regard to build quality and materials?
2. What other makes/models did you consider while shopping? (The Columbus Conquistador 3800 catches my eye too.)
3. What was/were the deciding reason(s) for you buying a Voltage?

Thanks...
__________________

dbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:27 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Celina, TX
Posts: 80
Texas
I have a V3305 V series. The main differences we found were that the V series didn't include all of the entertainment options(tvs and sounds in bedroom, garage and outside) or the level up system(which I would like to have). I have added TV's for a couple hundred bucks. We really like the layout of ours and it has been good to us so far with no issues. We saved 20k over the 3200 model we were looking and we also needed the 12' of garage for the toys. it was a win win for us.
__________________

__________________
2014 Voltage V3305
2014 F450 Platinum
sold**2009 f250
firestone bags with AirRide wireless auto level Curt Q20 on R5 rails
Jbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:22 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Celina, TX
Posts: 80
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbear View Post
My intended use would be extended living (snowbirding) for DW & me, and ability to take my HD Heritage along to warmer climes. I might possibly add a golf cart or utv at some point, but that's not really a consideration at this point. I like the layouts of both the abovementioned units. My questions are:
1. What's the difference between the Voltage Haulers and V-Series with regard to build quality and materials?
2. What other makes/models did you consider while shopping? (The Columbus Conquistador 3800 catches my eye too.)
3. What was/were the deciding reason(s) for you buying a Voltage?

Thanks...
Also, here is a link to the floorplans along with standard and optional features.

Floorplans Voltage Haulers
__________________
2014 Voltage V3305
2014 F450 Platinum
sold**2009 f250
firestone bags with AirRide wireless auto level Curt Q20 on R5 rails
Jbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:26 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hilton
Posts: 11
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
Also, here is a link to the floorplans along with standard and optional features.

Floorplans Voltage Haulers
I know, I've been there, repeatedly. However, you really can't get a feel for craftsmanship differences from a website. Hence my questions. Wording it another way, what justifies the differences in MSRPs, aside from overall length and additional axle (albeit 6k vs 7k axles)? Are the fixtures, furniture, and appliances different? Is the Voltage considered to be luxury TH similar to HL Cyclone or Road Warrior, and the V-Series considered more of a part-time rig, like a KZ Inferno?
dbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:52 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
sundancer 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tahlequah
Posts: 2,860
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
I have a V3305 V series. The main differences we found were that the V series didn't include all of the entertainment options(tvs and sounds in bedroom, garage and outside) or the level up system(which I would like to have). I have added TV's for a couple hundred bucks. We really like the layout of ours and it has been good to us so far with no issues. We saved 20k over the 3200 model we were looking and we also needed the 12' of garage for the toys. it was a win win for us.
I have the 2013 V3800, says V3800 on the sticker. I have four TVs, one of which is outside and one in the garage to keep the Raider entertained. Another in the bedroom and of course the very large one in the living room.

Entertainment center with surround sound, yes. 14 foot garage with 1/2 bath using a small portion of the 14 foot.

From what I understand Dutchman dropped the V line and they all became Voltages of some flavor.

Did I mention the built in vacuum system and the 'too fancy for me' glass bowl sink?

The only thing I don't have is the Happi-Jack thing in the garage. I didn't want it anyway since I'm solo and don't want that many people in my space anyway.
__________________
2013 Voltage 3800, 2012 Chevy 3500 HD
2010 Yamaha V Star 950
2009 Yamaha Raider
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:46 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
soonernation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sanger
Posts: 258
Texas
We looked at the V series and there was a floor plan we liked but it just seemed to be a step down. No level up, no remote, no tv's, standard surface mount light fixtures instead of recessed halogen puck lights, 3 entry steps instead of 4 (seems minor but sure helps). Based on much back and fourth it ended up being these small things and just a general feel
__________________
2013 Voltage 3200
2014 Ford F350 DRW
www.facebook.com/VoltageToyHauler
soonernation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:20 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
sundancer 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tahlequah
Posts: 2,860
Oklahoma
They must have stuck the wrong stiker on this one then. In addition to the above mentioned I also have the six point electric leveling system, the puck lights that I changed to LEDs, four entry steps even but no remote which most didn't get anyway. I did buy an after market remote but haven't tried it yet, too cold to be standing outside pushing buttons this week.

It has been mentioned the V series were a step down but it sure doesn't look like it in my rig. Maybe they just had an extra V sticker and needed to put it somewhere but even when I look at the purchase papers V3800 is listed on them.
__________________
2013 Voltage 3800, 2012 Chevy 3500 HD
2010 Yamaha V Star 950
2009 Yamaha Raider
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:33 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hilton
Posts: 11
New York
Sundancer87, according to the 2013 Voltage literature, the 3800 is a Voltage Hauler, not a V-Series. The V-Series only came in 4 floorplans: V3005, V3305, V3105, and V300. For 2014, they've added the V3605.

Soonernation, you might be right about 3 vs 4 steps, and 6-point auto level is an option. So if I'm reading you right, you felt that despite using very similar components, the Voltage was put together better(?).

I do notice some differences in standard options (TV & fridge sizes), but I'm wondering if it's stuff that really makes or breaks the deal, especially since the V can be had with a 12 cu ft fridge. A couple of differences that I'm thinking might are that the V's don't offer a 2nd 30 gal fuel tank, or a 3rd A/C.

I found Dutchmen RV Express where I could build each model, and with both units fully optioned, there's almost a $40k difference in msrp between them. Granted I probably wouldn't want some of those options, but it really makes me wonder. Unfortunately, my local dealer has neither unit in stock.
dbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Celina, TX
Posts: 80
Texas
We really like the layout on our rig and the fullsize comfortable couch that has four reclining sections which lay almost flat(can sleep 4 right there if needed). We also like the happi-jack and patio setup(when weather allows). I really don't feel like I am missing out on anything when we go "camping" haha!
__________________
2014 Voltage V3305
2014 F450 Platinum
sold**2009 f250
firestone bags with AirRide wireless auto level Curt Q20 on R5 rails
Jbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:25 PM   #10
bbb
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ponder
Posts: 4
Texas
I'm looking at the v3605 also. My main concern is weight. I have a 2013 f250 diesel and after shopping I realized you need a dually to safely tow most 3 axel tow haulers. So I'm excited to find the v3605. I believe it is the same except without the third axel, third Ac factory option with power management , puck lights, bowl sinks, and different brand tv's with surround sound. Other then a few cosmetic upgrades I can't find any differences and we love the floor plan except my wife would like bar stoles and maybe a king size bed. The best part is my truck is rated to tow it. I'm worried about some of the post I'm reading about water leaking in and causing slide issues. Other then this most issue seem to be minor repairs. We own a jayco bumper pull and love it. So we know all rv's will have issues. Just don't want to spend all this money on something that we will not be happy with in the long run.
bbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:47 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Celina, TX
Posts: 80
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
I'm looking at the v3605 also. My main concern is weight. I have a 2013 f250 diesel and after shopping I realized you need a dually to safely tow most 3 axel tow haulers. So I'm excited to find the v3605. I believe it is the same except without the third axel, third Ac factory option with power management , puck lights, bowl sinks, and different brand tv's with surround sound. Other then a few cosmetic upgrades I can't find any differences and we love the floor plan except my wife would like bar stoles and maybe a king size bed. The best part is my truck is rated to tow it. I'm worried about some of the post I'm reading about water leaking in and causing slide issues. Other then this most issue seem to be minor repairs. We own a jayco bumper pull and love it. So we know all rv's will have issues. Just don't want to spend all this money on something that we will not be happy with in the long run.
I tow my V3305 with an f250. I had to add airbags to make it ride level. I am pretty sure that I am over weight per the numbers but, the truck handles it well. I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in the numbers you see online unless it is from someone that has hit the scales. That said, I am sure the V3605 will be heavier than what mine is.
__________________
2014 Voltage V3305
2014 F450 Platinum
sold**2009 f250
firestone bags with AirRide wireless auto level Curt Q20 on R5 rails
Jbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:16 PM   #12
bbb
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ponder
Posts: 4
Texas
What is the deal with the slides leaking and the boards warping and the slides not working. Is this common? What is the fix ?
bbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:33 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Desert Hot Springs
Posts: 1,760
California
I looked & found the V3605 fit our needs & price book the best. I also don't have a dully but my SRW F-350 long bad pulls the V3605 just fine. Has 4 tv's 2 a/c's 12 cubic foot frig. 1 & 1/2 baths & a 11' garage. I'm all with the V3605. Has 16,500 GVWR & weights in right at 14k with full probane 10 gal of gas & 30-40 gallons of h2o.
__________________
Mike
2002 42' Monaco Signature Triple Crown tow 2014 F-150
2014 Voltage V3605 Sold 5/3/17
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:29 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 72
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
I looked & found the V3605 fit our needs & price book the best. I also don't have a dully but my SRW F-350 long bad pulls the V3605 just fine. Has 4 tv's 2 a/c's 12 cubic foot frig. 1 & 1/2 baths & a 11' garage. I'm all with the V3605. Has 16,500 GVWR & weights in right at 14k with full probane 10 gal of gas & 30-40 gallons of h2o.

Add to this the V3605 is a 2 axle unit. The one I will be taking delivery of next week has all the bells and whistles. This unit will be a great unit once we work the kinks out of it.
__________________
Alan
2016 Voltage 3970
2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab CTD Dually
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
Alsdas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:40 PM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hilton
Posts: 11
New York
As mentioned above, I'm seriously considering a Voltage 3605 with bath & a half. How does black tank flush work when having 2 black tanks? Is it a selectable single valve with single input, or 2 separate valves & inputs? I realize each has its own slinky connection, but can't tell from literature how flush is set up. Thanks.
dbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:06 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Desert Hot Springs
Posts: 1,760
California
Rear black tank has its own flush fitting. Also the gray from that back 1/2 bath sink goes into that same black tank. Has gray & black tank up front for main bath. Gray tank mid-ship for the kitchen sink & then black for the rear bath. Does have two drain so you would dump the ft. bath & kitchen then have to connect to the drain behind the rear axle & dump the rear black.
__________________
Mike
2002 42' Monaco Signature Triple Crown tow 2014 F-150
2014 Voltage V3605 Sold 5/3/17
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:15 PM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hilton
Posts: 11
New York
Thanks DesertRat.
dbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:45 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
jonthefireman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Austin Metro
Posts: 69
Texas
My 3605 arrived at the dealer late Saturday afternoon, we are picking her up on Friday!
jonthefireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:35 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Benton
Posts: 150
Tennessee
Hi, new member here. I personally can't see 20 or 30 thousand or more dollars difference in them. I am looking at the v3305 for several reasons. Weight being the biggest. I don't want to upgrade to a dually. The other reason is I want a 12 ft garage. It don't bother me to run to walmart or somewhere and buy a couple of tvs. My wife wants the back patio option but I don't think we would use it that much. Do any of yall use it a lot and if so, how do you like it? Also I would like to here from anyone who pulls this model with a 3/4 ton. Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread.
3wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:06 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
jonthefireman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Austin Metro
Posts: 69
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wheeler View Post
Hi, new member here. I personally can't see 20 or 30 thousand or more dollars difference in them. I am looking at the v3305 for several reasons. Weight being the biggest. I don't want to upgrade to a dually. The other reason is I want a 12 ft garage. It don't bother me to run to walmart or somewhere and buy a couple of tvs. My wife wants the back patio option but I don't think we would use it that much. Do any of yall use it a lot and if so, how do you like it? Also I would like to here from anyone who pulls this model with a 3/4 ton. Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread.
I too looked at the V 3305 but liked the layout of the 3605 better. Not sure what kind of price you've been quoted, but I got the 3605 loaded for 60K. I am pulling the 3605 with a 3/4 ton, but my Ram is still within limits even loaded. With the '14 Ram 2500, there is no difference in frame or suspension between the 3/4 ton an 1 ton SRW. The 1 ton dually steps back up to leaf springs, other than that the capacity is roughly the same. The hitch weight between the 3305 and 3605 is about 400lbs, but loaded the 3305 is almost as heavy as the 3605. I did install a set of Timbren load levelers which increased my load capacity even more, and here in TX we will be pulling 90% of the time on flat ground.
__________________

__________________
Fireman Jon and Laura
2014 Voltage V 3605
2014 Ram 2500 HD 6.4L Hemi
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic '07 Heritage Softail 2011 Polaris Sportsman 550 EPS
jonthefireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Popular Tags
#coleman 5th wheel 12 volt problem 243 255bhsl kodiak 1700bh apsen trail 1700bh tv mount 1991 2018 atlas 2018 denali 2901rl 3305 aerolite aerolite 282 dbhs. 2018 air conditioning alabama atwood awnins bike rack black water tank size btu caulk caulk; gasket charger chassis coleman diagrams disconnect dutchman dutchman endurance 3006 dutchmen electrical electrical inverter electric conversion floor floor bounce flooring fuel station furnace gray water tank grey tank hot water heater hydraulic insert inverter landing gear lights bad ground switch lost panel owners manual panels propane pvc valve repair replacement rise roof brackets satellite hookup slide manual open slide out solar structural fault switch thermarest aening tires voltage wall water heater water lines winterize winterizing wiring diagram
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×