New Member, first time buyer! - Page 4 - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2018, 05:33 PM   #31

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Badger View Post
No - the slide extends until it hits the motor case then grinds... No one will do a D$#N thing - We have lived with this for three years... And it gets worse - this is the second trailer we have owned by Dutchman... the first one had a scratch in the linoleum so we waited patiently (while making payments) for three months until the linoleum came in to repair it. Got to take it out one time... Then after the repair (3 weeks in the shop) we went to pick up the trailer and the tech extends the slide.... RIIP! - Service Manager is standing right there and cringed... She said they would have to ship the trailer back to factory as it was a defect and as a first model year they (Dutchman) would need to take it apart and figure it out....
I walked into the dealership and demanded my money (all of it, including interest) back. The countered by saying they would find something for us and do a straight trade for our inconvenience... - 10 hours later I was home and had signed for this camper... actually ended up paying 10K more for it as they just rolled the old payment into the new one... Do not buy a trailer form the Dutchman Dealer in Tulsa OK.

HOLY SH#T! Sorry, I don't trust sales people (no offense to any of you out there). I usually check everything they say and NEVER buy anything on impulse.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:16 PM   #32

Florida
Hey Red, I recently purchased Kodiak 233 RBSL and I have the same gap. Is your unit leaking? As far as I can tell the rubber seal you can see from the outside (when open) is the only weather seal. Do you have a gap on the outside when closed. That would be a big problem. I have been wrong before but that gap is not a deal breaker if your not leaking. There are no seals on the inside of the trailer. Mine anyway not sure about yours. Good luck.

Craigmkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:22 PM   #33

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigmkd View Post
Hey Red, I recently purchased Kodiak 233 RBSL and I have the same gap. Is your unit leaking? As far as I can tell the rubber seal you can see from the outside (when open) is the only weather seal. Do you have a gap on the outside when closed. That would be a big problem. I have been wrong before but that gap is not a deal breaker if your not leaking. There are no seals on the inside of the trailer. Mine anyway not sure about yours. Good luck.
No mine is not leaking moisture inside yet, but we live in Oklahoma and I got curious and ran a thermal image (fire department owned) over the camper and the seals were very RED indicating major heat loss, also you can feel the wind seeping around those seals at 5mph or better winds.... We are not happy and have learned a very valuable lesson.