Kodiak Cub Owners? - Page 4 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2018, 03:35 PM   #61
Site Team

North Carolina
There are some in TN too. I believe KY also provides them at some rest areas.

Aaron [emoji41]

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 04:31 PM   #62

Florida
As far as the p traps... many of the newer rigs are starting to use the waterless traps. I first used these on an Airsteam rebuild about 12 years ago due to clearance issues. My current motor home has these installed. Great product in that you don't have to worry about the freezing or drying out aspects. However you don't want to run a snake down the drain! It will damage them.

That is an interesting product. Do you need to worry about what you put down the kitchen sink?

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 05:56 PM   #63
Site Team

North Carolina
Within reason, no. We always scrape and wipe our plates with a paper towel to get as much off of them as possible. We do it at home too, due to a weak septic system. I would avoid large amounts of food particles, grease and oils, none of which are particularly good for the gray tanks anyway.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 06:22 PM   #64

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Within reason, no. We always scrape and wipe our plates with a paper towel to get as much off of them as possible. We do it at home too, due to a weak septic system. I would avoid large amounts of food particles, grease and oils, none of which are particularly good for the gray tanks anyway.

Aaron
We don't intentionally put anything down there that would cause it harm and yes, we remove most of the "leavings". maybe I should get a dog.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 07:01 PM   #65

Alabama
We got our 2018 Kodiak Cub 175 BH this week. I cannot figure out how to turn the light on in the entry grab handle or the ones by the stabilizers. Can someone tell me where the switches are?
Maddogdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 07:26 PM   #66

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddogdunn View Post
We got our 2018 Kodiak Cub 175 BH this week. I cannot figure out how to turn the light on in the entry grab handle or the ones by the stabilizers. Can someone tell me where the switches are?
Open the door-side pass through door. When you look in and to the right, you should see two switches on the front wall. One for the pass through light and one for the outside jacks and handle lights. If it’s daytime when you turn them on, it’s very hard to tell the outside lights are on.
KCOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:20 PM   #67

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCOC View Post
Open the door-side pass through door. When you look in and to the right, you should see two switches on the front wall. One for the pass through light and one for the outside jacks and handle lights. If it’s daytime when you turn them on, it’s very hard to tell the outside lights are on.
Excellent! Thank you!
Maddogdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:29 AM   #68

Washington
The stabilizer ones are in the front under bed storage they are right inside the door - 2 switches left one will light the cargo area the right one will light the stabilizers (unless they were covered with an undercoating?) not sure there is a light for the door handle just the canopy light on the main panel - I’ve never noticed
TK on the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:56 AM   #69

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK on the road View Post
The stabilizer ones are in the front under bed storage they are right inside the door - 2 switches left one will light the cargo area the right one will light the stabilizers (unless they were covered with an undercoating?) not sure there is a light for the door handle just the canopy light on the main panel - I’ve never noticed
The handle by the door illuminates when you turn on the stabilizer lights. I had the exact same questions at first also, and thought maybe something was broken.
Corum999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:50 PM   #70

Colorado
Quote:
One issue we’re dealing with on our brand new Cub 175BH is the trim popping off. The front interior wall has a big bubble in it as well where it’s coming loose. I’m guessing due to our recent weather changes. Good thing for the warranty. Anyone else had trim issues on a brand new Cub?
Yes we just got our 176rd Home this Saturday and by the time we got home had the same issue with that trim popping up by the AC unit. We are taking it in to get it taken care of. We have a few other things also that need to be handled. The electrical Outlet where we plug in our 30 amp came loose just from opening the cover up so that needs to be fixed as well.
jwt355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:04 PM   #71

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherman View Post
Picked up a 2018 Cub 176rd a couple of days ago. Shakedown trip to Yellowstone in 3 days. No real issues with trim other than the bottom of the fridge door popped off which allowed the "stainless" panel to drop. Popped it back on and seems good to go. My understanding of the "mount tv here" sticker is that there is a thicker backing so mounting a light 19' tv will be fine?
Lastly, noticed that some 176rd have smaller sink and undercounter fridge. Ours has the farmer's sink and larger fridge with separate freezer. Both are rd models.....
We have the same model with the farmers sink and the big double door fridge across from the Entertainment center. Just picked it up Saturday. We are planning a maiden voyage camp this coming weekend.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:32 AM   #72

New York
We had the same problem with our molding. I just glued it back down.
cotton1199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 05:08 PM   #73

Wisconsin
2018 Kodiak Cub KD176RD18

Quote:
Hey fellow Cubs! I thought I’d start a thread for us Cub owners.

We recently received our 2018 Kodiak Cub 175BH. We are excited to use it now that the weather is getting better.

This is a very good Idea!
I learned lots of good things reading these posts. Here are a few things I learned since I first took my Cub RD home last December.
1) The plumbing is not freeze resistant at all. The water lines to the kitchen pass under the floor and freeze with in an hour or so at 30 degrees F. See my post from last winter on how to fix it. It was not easy.
2) The interior construction can use lots of help. My Cub had a drawer under the cooktop. It was about 12 inches front to back. I built an 18 inch one to replace it. It makes a usable utensils drawer now. I use the same drawer front and drawer slides. (See attachment)
3) The two valves for winterizing the plumbing were inside spaces covered by screwed on panels. I put on doors in place of the panels. We winter camp and need to be able to flush and replace the antifreeze frequently.
4) The under dinette seat storage space was covered with rough finished particle board. After getting multiple splinters in my hands, I sanded the surfaces and edges. I also cut the covers in half and added cross supports in the middle to make them easier to open. The surface under the mattress had the same problem. I used the plastic bag the mattress came in to separate the mattress from the abrasive surface underneath. (See attachment)
5) There was no battery disconnect switch. The electrical system continuously discharges the battery during storage. It uses about 0.3 AH so the battery lasts for less than two weeks. Batteries stored dead will have to be replaced yearly. Removing the negative battery cable works, but installing a Bussmann manual circuit breaker is much more convenient. Also, the 12 volt house supply fast charges the battery. Leaving the TT plugged in to shore power will tend to boil the electrolyte. The manual breaker can be turned off when shore connected for long periods.

Happy trails!

Paul Bristol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mod Drawer DSC_1486.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	4870   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mod Cover DSC_1487.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	4871  
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:52 PM   #74

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by persistent View Post

5) There was no battery disconnect switch. The electrical system continuously discharges the battery during storage. It uses about 0.3 AH so the battery lasts for less than two weeks. Batteries stored dead will have to be replaced yearly. Removing the negative battery cable works, but installing a Bussmann manual circuit breaker is much more convenient. Also, the 12 volt house supply fast charges the battery. Leaving the TT plugged in to shore power will tend to boil the electrolyte. The manual breaker can be turned off when shore connected for long periods.
I have been thinking about installing a battery disconnect or circuit breaker also. Do you have any pictures and tips from when you installed yours?

thanks!
Corum999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 02:02 PM   #75

Wisconsin
Manual dissconect / circuit breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corum999 View Post
I have been thinking about installing a battery disconnect or circuit breaker also. Do you have any pictures and tips from when you installed yours?

thanks!
My Cub KD176RD18 has the converter at the back on the drivers side. It was connected by a #6 red wire through a junction box mounted under the front near the battery. I pulled the red #6 wire out of the junction box and connected it to the new manual breaker mounted behind the junction box. (See photo.) Next, I added a new #6 red wire from the new breaker to the front battery.
That leaves the existing 40 amp self resetting breaker supplying the electric trailer brakes and the tow vehicle 7 pin connector. I left this as was to maintain emergency braking when towing when the manual switch was off.

I ordered the Bussmann 50 amp manual breaker from Amazon. A 40 amp manual would be sufficient. I needed more capacity to run an inverter. There are cheaper breakers and disconnect switches, but the Bussmann is sealed and salt water resistant.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mod electrical.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	4872   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1488.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	4873   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1489.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	4874  
Old 08-03-2018, 03:20 PM   #76

Nevada
Returned from initial trip to Yellowstone. The trim piece under the fridge door popped off several times. Used Fuze It to fix it for good. Our Tacoma with tow package towed the trailer just fine at a steady 60-65 mph. So far, so good.
teacherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:17 PM   #77

Washington
Hey cubbies - anyone having an issue with the legs falling off the table when you fold it up - the screws just pop right out - what has anyone done? Make a New better table? Warranty claim?
Thank you
TK on the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:55 PM   #78

Wisconsin
The leg bracket flange was crooked on mine. The screws pulled out. Sunny Island RV, Rockford Ill. got a new leg assembly and reinstalled without charge. They screwed a 6 inch square piece of 1/4 ply at the mounting point for both legs and screwed the legs into the ply. No problems since.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:41 PM   #79

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton1199 View Post
We had the same problem with our molding. I just glued it back down.
Yep we ended up doing the same thing. Used Gorilla Glue Epoxy and used my Truck Load Stabilizer Bar for my bed to hold it in place while it dried. Its now good to go.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:33 PM   #80

Wisconsin
Exclamation Kodiak Cub Owners Spare Tire

You may need to change the lug nuts on the spare tire. My lug wrench would not go deep enough into the wheel recesses to extract the two cheap nuts used to hold the wheel. I replaced them with anti theft lug nuts.