King Size bed - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2016, 08:14 PM   #21

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
I just can't get it out of my head how many awesome things I could do with recovering that precious floor space for something other than the BIGGEST bed I ever saw in a small RV.

But if I change my mind, I will look forward to your solution. Good luck.
You could probably have a square dance in there with no bed.

Old 06-08-2016, 02:56 PM   #22

Oklahoma
The King bed was on the "Must have" list for us. Since my under bed storage isn't completely full, when I need to get something out, I simply lift, step in to the storage and use my leg/hip to hold up the lid and retrieve whatever. Step out, let it down. I'm not handy enough to engineer a lift and hold mechanism.

Old 06-08-2016, 03:25 PM   #23

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTWags View Post
The King bed was on the "Must have" list for us. <snip>

I actually purchased the 213 because that is the biggest shower I ever saw in an RV. And it is the smallest Aerolite they build. Go figure.

But having said that, if "us" was still a word that applied to me, I TOO would find that King Size bed as appealing as that King Size shower. But sadly, I'm alone in my later life and don't think I will be able to ignore the waste of unused space. lol

I love your technique though......"step into it and lean against your hip". That'd likely be my method too if I keep that storage.
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:30 PM   #24

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
I actually purchased the 213 because that is the biggest shower I ever saw in an RV. And it is the smallest Aerolite they build. Go figure.
That's what sold us, after not being able to turn a circle in our old shower, and the stellar outdoor kitchen. Imagine not having to go inside for an ice cold beer, or haul a cooler around. I would gladly go down to a queen bed for a little more side storage. That's about the only thing the 213 lacks.

Still trying to figure a way to better utilize that cavernous space above the toilet, tons of space with no way to get to the back of it.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:37 PM   #25

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTWags View Post
The King bed was on the "Must have" list for us. Since my under bed storage isn't completely full, when I need to get something out, I simply lift, step in to the storage and use my leg/hip to hold up the lid and retrieve whatever. Step out, let it down. I'm not handy enough to engineer a lift and hold mechanism.
Do you still have the original mattress? We had to put a 4" foam topper on ours because it was so uncomfortable, it makes lifting the storage lid a major hassle.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:49 PM   #26

Oklahoma
We also have a 4" memory foam mattress
GTWags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:31 PM   #27

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawniewest View Post
That's what sold us, after not being able to turn a circle in our old shower, and the stellar outdoor kitchen. Imagine not having to go inside for an ice cold beer, or haul a cooler around. I would gladly go down to a queen bed for a little more side storage. That's about the only thing the 213 lacks.

Still trying to figure a way to better utilize that cavernous space above the toilet, tons of space with no way to get to the back of it.
I'm considering removing one of the little closets by the King mattress. Then remove that storage under the foot of the mattress. Have a new mattress custom sized to match the size and shape left over the current platform. Then sleep the other direction.
That "Dance Floor" should be plenty of room to build one of those RV walls creating privacy for the Bed room, maybe some shallow dresser drawers and bedside table top surface.

This site has my courage up. lol

snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote