Has anyone installed a backup camera on a Aerolite 242BHSL using the pre-wired mount? - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2017, 08:05 AM   #1

Arizona
Has anyone installed a backup camera on a Aerolite 242BHSL using the pre-wired mount?

I'd like to hear from anyone who has used the built-in camera mount on a 2017 Aerolite 24 foot or 28 foot trailer. I have the 24 foot "L" luxury model if that matters.

There is nothing available about how to wire or connect a camera, and if the connection is wired or wireless, so any personal experience or actual information would be very helpful. Thanks!

BRawlingsAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:31 PM   #2

Alabama
Just got a 29ft. Aerolite Zero Gravity series with rear camera prep so curious myself.

pauldye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:39 PM   #3

Florida
I purchased one of the wireless cameras and it doesn't go that far. Barely gets to the back of my truck.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 01:23 AM   #4

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
I purchased one of the wireless cameras and it doesn't go that far. Barely gets to the back of my truck.
Sorry you had a bad experience. Can you please tell me which camera you are using that doesn't work so well? Also, did you get a monitor with it, or did you go some other route for the monitor?

I'm trying to use a Pioneer 4200 7" screen double DIN head unit as the monitor. It has two camera inputs, so this should be possible, if I can find a good wireless camera with standard composite video output from the receiver unit. Big IF, apparently.
Quote... "Give me ambivalence or give me something else."
Old 08-25-2017, 01:27 AM   #5

Arizona
BTW, the dealer finally got back to me with the details on the "pre-wired" camera mount. It's a Furrion mount and power cord, and that's all. No coax or composite cables for wired video... It's wireless only.

I have seen some posts from purchasers of wireless cameras stating that they could drive a hundred or even 200 feet away from the trailer before the video signal started to break up. I'm not too sure how this is going to work out, but if I can find the right camera I'm hoping to get a clear signal in the cab. I'll update this post when I find out more.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:31 AM   #6

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRawlingsAZ View Post
Sorry you had a bad experience. Can you please tell me which camera you are using that doesn't work so well? Also, did you get a monitor with it, or did you go some other route for the monitor?

I'm trying to use a Pioneer 4200 7" screen double DIN head unit as the monitor. It has two camera inputs, so this should be possible, if I can find a good wireless camera with standard composite video output from the receiver unit. Big IF, apparently.
I purchased the IBall wireless trailer hitch camera. Signal barely reaches the cab.

https://www.iballhitchcam.com/produc...SABEgI8WfD_BwE
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:16 PM   #7

Arizona
Thanks for the feedback - good to know. I'll post back if I find something that works well, thanks again.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:53 AM   #8

California
I Just picked up an aerolite 242bhsl and hoping for suggestions for a wireless system that will go past the bumper. Thanks!
gunzofthenavarrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:57 AM   #9

Arizona
I just bought a camera and a digital transmitter-receiver pair with the ubiquitous yellow composite video RCA connectors.

I couldn't go with the cameras that have built-in Wi-Fi since they all include a monitor of some type, and I have a camera monitor in my Pioneer 4201 in-dash receiver (two camera inputs).

I'm playing with the setup to test the distance before I install it all - I'll post back here once I determine if it will work for me.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:16 AM   #10

Virginia
Furrion Backup camera FRC12TA-BL

I installed this model on a Coleman 1605FB It works fine with the built in furrion mount but this model has only about a 100 ft range it worked fine on our setup I guess because the camper isnt very long, but Furrion make's a more expensive Observation camera that has about a 300 ft range.

powerdiver is offline   Reply With Quote