Quality Control and Dealers - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2017, 01:20 PM   #1

Florida
Quality Control and Dealers

Wife and I bought a 2017 Denali 316RES the first of May. Went through the PDI with the service person and raised my eyebrow over several things but let it pass for then. The superslide tripped the thermal breaker in the motor when he retracted it. He said it was due to the weight but I knew better. I thought maybe it was just new and stiff. Bedroom door wouldn't latch shut and he said it was probably because the unit was at an angle. Noticed when we got home (hour and half drive) one of the upper kitchen cabinets was unfinished on the underside. Looked like they scabbed it together. Was pretty obvious when entering the front door looking up into the camper. Guess I was more into looking down where I was stepping.
Taking it back this morning and haven't planned any trips for the month. Slide got no better in fact got a lot worse. Checked the cables and found one side hadn't been adjusted. One cable was laying on the top of the slide. So the slide had been trying to twist rather than moving out evenly. Both lower cable brackets are almost pulled out of the slide wall. Bedroom door latch doesn't come close to matching up with the hole in the jam. Afraid to run the forward A/C due to not seeing any condensation dripping off the roof. Climbed up to check and still nothing. Then there's several other minor things.
But why do builders shove them out the doors in this condition? But then why do dealers sell them this way knowing they will be back with unhappy owners.
CaptKen is offline   Reply With Quote