201QB tank sizes - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2024, 10:33 PM   #1

Washington
201QB tank sizes

Question: I only have single fresh, gray, and black tanks in the trailer as far as I know. The sensor panel has a button for monitoring fresh, Gray 1, Gray 2, Black 1, and Black 2. Ar Gray 2 and Black 2 just there and not connected to anything? Or, are they wired to the top half of the Gray and Black tanks?

Reason I ask:
My 2019 201QB has a panel with buttons for monitoring fresh, Gray 1, Gray 2, Black 1, and Black 2. I took the trailer out last week with a full fresh tank (listed at 52 gallons) and all other sensors showed empty. After about a week, the fresh tank was down to 1/3 full which seemed about right. When I was cleaning up to head out, I used the bathroom sink and noticed that the shower was making noise and saw a little water come out of the drain. I thought the sensors for tanks 2 were for the top of the gray/black. Either the gray tank (listed as 39 gallons) was full or I have a venting problem.

The tech at the dealer told me that the second tank (if not installed) will just read empty at all times and that if Gray 1 read full, then the tank was full. If so, no problem. I just want to make sure I know how the thing is built so I use it without issues.

I was thinking of getting out some 5 gallon buckets and dumping them down the shower drain until it acts the same so I can confirm both that that was the issue and at what volume it's topped off. That said, if the brochure is always accurate, I can skip it and just know that when Gray 1 says full, just be ready to dump (obviously).
bkenobi69@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote