2013 kodiak express 283bhsl - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2023, 12:24 AM   #1

Alberta
2013 kodiak express 283bhsl

Hi my 2013 kodiak express 283bhsl slideout is stuck in the oit position I've checked switch,fuses,got the motors tested I can't figure out what the problem is or locate the control module anyone know where it might be looked everywhere I can't find it

Happy camper 123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 05:10 AM   #2

California
Do you hear any noise from the motor? Was it sounding unusual when you were extending it? Assume everything else is working on 12 volt?

It could be bound or jammed. Could be broken gears in the gear box or snapped cable on the slide. How did you test the motors (is there more than one? That is odd too). How did you test switches and fuses.

Can you try to help it along when someone else is pressing the button to close it?

Have you owned this 12 year old trailer the entire time or is it new to you?

Old 09-21-2023, 12:55 PM   #3

Pennsylvania
I have a Kodiak and I have trouble with the slides stopping or not even moving from the start. Do you have those exterior switches or whatever they are called on your tongue? I have 3 of them. This might sound strange, but when the slides don't move, I rap on them with a metal wrench, hammer or whatever I have handy. Usually the slides go in without much coaxing. When it starts happening a lot then I replace the switches?
jipsi59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 01:32 PM   #4

Arizona
Those metal things on the tongue that you are tapping on are the circuit breakers for the main battery feed to trailer, the tongue jack and whatever else. Tapping on them means you really need to check your ground connections and the circuit breaker connections on the tongue. Right after those breakers should be a box that the 7 pin cable connects to. That is supposed to be sealed, but it's probably corroded.
Basically, if you need to do these things, you need to do some service on your 12 volt system by the tongue.
People, Places & Things...for over 40 Years!
videoarizona is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slideout issues