Furniture - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2015, 05:06 PM   #1

Oklahoma
Furniture

Has any one had any issues with the furniture material getting worn through by the frame or the seams coming apart?

Grdrod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 06:37 PM   #2

Florida
Yes, I have one of the 4 recliners that is showing wear at the seam. CW said its not covered under extended warranty. sucks.

bankshot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 06:44 PM   #3

British Columbia
Yes, cheap foam that collapses around the edges and metal rubbing on fabric. Alot of furniture manufacturers have shipped the upholstery manufacturing off shore. I imagine the RV furniture manufacture have the coverings made in Asia as well.

Just walk into to your local Lazyboy store and ask the sales staff to show you the products that are 100% made in America. Fortunately the model that we wanted was on of the few true USA made chairs.

When ever we have replaced RV furniture, we chose household furniture. You have to shop around a bit to find the right fit, but it is out there. Just look for "Apartment" sized furniture, with seat backs that come off.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:59 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Hi, Does anyone know where I can find quality replacement furniture for a 3970 Voltage L shape coach. I have looked everywhere. The furniture I looked at in the furniture stores, I am afraid the base will not fit. Any Ideas... Thanks Jim
Old 03-19-2018, 01:12 AM   #5

Wyoming
Many of us have replaced various furniture pieces with better quality pieces from furniture stores. The only real worry you have in doing this is to ensure whatever you get will fit thru one of the doors into the room.

That said... if you want exact replacement, try here:

Trekwood RV Parts - Voltage / 2014 / Furniture
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:36 AM   #6

Oklahoma
Hi, Thanks for your input. I would rather replace the couch with a better quality coach from a furniture store but what I found out is the slide floor is only 36". The double recliners that we have looked at has to have be at least 4" from the wall and that puts the base of the coach to for forward. I guess I can look into getting it recovered. Thanks Jim