There is no charge for joining this Forum! This is a community of individuals who share a common interest in RVing and camping. Please think before you post and keep your comments limited to the topic at hand and above all be nice. If you come across any violations to these guidelines or have any problems navigating the site, do not hesitate to let us know through the Forums Contact Form. We'll be happy to address your concerns.
Be Courteous! Treat each other with respect just as you would around a campfire. Here are some general guidelines that we expect you to follow:
Posting standards: Forum members may use standard fonts available on the forum. The standard font size is 2. The use of bold, large or colored fonts should be used sparingly. Posts containing inappropriate formatting or content will be removed or modified at our discretion; e.g. all caps or excessive color. E-mail addresses and web addresses are not appropriate forum user names. The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.
- Our rules extend to all sections of the website including messaging functions, galleries and any other public or private posting.
- Do not engage in personal attacks.
- Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information.
- Do not post the same discussion topic more than once or in several areas of the forum.
- Please post in the proper category.
- Do not take every opportunity to express your disagreement, incite argument, insult each other, or fan flames. Voice yourr opinion respectfully and then let it go.
- We will not tolerate bigotry in any form, including posts intended to incite expressions of such bigotry from others.
- Posts containing vulgar language that are overly explicit or obscene, images or links to websites with adult content/images are not allowed.
- Trolling and cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.
- Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. Participants may not post affiliate links or links to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest, including informational pages unless a vendor account has been established.
- Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we make the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse directed at our staff may/will result in immediate suspension of your account.
- Complaints about moderator decisions may not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.
- General discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of the forum. Discussions about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive.
- We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate any rudeness.
Signature Standards: Signatures are setup in your profile. They will appear at the bottom of every post you make.
Classifieds Use: Our classifieds system is offered as a benefit of membership, no commercial sales are permitted. We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum. Posts in the classifieds section are moderated and will not display until approved by a moderator. Individuals joining the forum for the sole purpose of posting an ad in the classified section will have their posts denied.
- Signatures must be kept to a maximum of six lines (including blank lines) and contain no more than two links (no commercial links permitted). Participants may not post affiliate links.
- Signatures may contain one image no larger that 60 x 468 pixels.
- Signatures may not include email addresses, prompts to contact or a sales pitch.
- Signatures must follow our forums posting standards and only one line may be bolded. We reserve the right to alter or remove your signature and/or it's contents at any time without explanation.
Commercial Parties (For-profit companies and Industry professionals): The forum does not discourage nor endorse any commercial entity and is not intended for soliciting business. Our purpose is sharing knowledge so others can benefit. Dutchmen Owners Forum may, at it's discretion, grant vendor account status to industry professionals who are already members in good standing. Authorized commercial participants must adhere to all the forum policies including these specifically set out for commercial participants.
- Place only one ad per item - do not post or repost an ad in more than one section of the classifieds.
- Do not place ads directing others to an e-bay or other online sale or directing others to another website.
- Ads may be removed by our staff at any time for any reason.
Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with sellers, manufacturers and dealers through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.
- Members who have a commercial interest in participating in our community will be identified as commercial vendors at our discretion. We enforce a very strict policy regarding solicitation of our membership by commercial participants.
- Commercial vendors may not quote prices in any forum.
- Commercial vendors may not use any section of the forum to discuss their products or services unless answering a direct question and even in this case vendors may not quote prices.
- Commercial vendors may place a (1) link to their company website in their signature line (font size 2).
Do not post protected / copyrighted content: Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the forums without the consent of the owner. Copyrighted material includes images and text produced and owned by others. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. You cannot legally post entire articles or news on the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly itís still copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article - or perhaps the opening paragraph. The exception to this rule is press releases; they are meant for distribution and can be copied and distributed. If you are not sure if you can copy something then always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.
About the First Amendment, censorship and your "right to free speech": You have a right to free speech, but not on this forum. It is privately owned and requires members to abide by our guidelines and by the decisions of our moderators. If you cannot accept these guidelines please feel free to contact one of the many good web hosting companies out there to set up an account, create your own discussion board and exercise your First Amendment rights to your heart's content.
Site Management & Member Concerns: If we feel site rules are violated we may remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or restrict account access. Abuse toward our administrators or moderators may result in suspension of your account. Complaints about a moderator's decision regarding a particular post are not to be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or any other member of our site team. Do not repost deleted material. This forum is largely self-policing, which means that moderators will respond and react to problems reported through the REPORT POST option, via the CONTACT FORM at the bottom of each page, or via PM. Do not hesitate to use these tools to report any problems regarding the forum.
Account Management: Requests for changes to your account should be made by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of every forum page. Participants may only have one account. Moderators may consolidate or delete multiple accounts.
Disabling Accounts: We may remove accounts that have no posts. If the account has many posts, completely deleting the account can significantly disrupt thread continuity. In that event, we may (if requested and at our discretion) disable your account in some or all of the following ways:
Change the user name, remove signature content, subscriptions, avatar and any info from the profile that might be identifying or replace it with fictitious info, change account options to refuse contact and ban the account. Someone has to interpret these guidelines and how they apply to this forum. Ultimately it's up to our site moderators and administrator to make this decision. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please feel free to contact a moderator or administrator. Thanks to everyone for keeping the tone appropriate for a group of friends, at least the vast majority of the time. Please keep it up!
Registering and participating at DutchmenOwnersForum.org constitutes agreement to abide by the Social Knowledge Network Terms of Service. (Social Knowledge is the company that owns this forum). We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time without giving prior notice to you.