slide issues - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2020, 02:45 PM   #1

Texas
slide issues

I have a 2017 voltage 3605 with slide issues on the kitchen slide. I ran it in and worked fine but all the slides have had this lunging or chucking issue since new. I went to run the slide out and it moves about an inch or so and then the gearbox starts clicking. It will move back in but won't go out. I cannot see any obstructions at all under the slide. While researching this problem I cam across a few posts showing the install of rollers to help give the glide less friction on the wear bar under the slide. I think the chucking issue may have taken out my gear box. Any insight into the issue is appreciated.

Scott Wagner

docwagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:51 PM   #2

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwagger View Post
I have a 2017 voltage 3605 with slide issues on the kitchen slide. I ran it in and worked fine but all the slides have had this lunging or chucking issue since new. I went to run the slide out and it moves about an inch or so and then the gearbox starts clicking. It will move back in but won't go out. I cannot see any obstructions at all under the slide. While researching this problem I cam across a few posts showing the install of rollers to help give the glide less friction on the wear bar under the slide. I think the chucking issue may have taken out my gear box. Any insight into the issue is appreciated.

Scott Wagner
Not sure if this will help. I just got back from the factory my 2020 Dutchman Astoria 2903bh. They tried a new slide mechanism, a Narco G5. It did what you are describing, didn't want to move, made a clicking sound. They replaced it with a Narco G4 which is working great so far.

cprinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 09:48 PM   #3

North Dakota
I spray the contact points of the underside of the slide outs with silicone, that takes care of the chucking. Before that, I replaced two gear boxes and now carry a spare.
Glamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 11:27 PM   #4

New York
Sounds like the gear box is stripped, Our 3990 started the jumping and shaking this spring. I took it to a dealer who indicated rollers would help, but it was a very large job. I got home and the kitchen slide gear box stripped the gears. I purchased a high torque motor and gear box assembly, and then installed rollers on that slide, and the large sofa slide. It was very easy to install, not as complicated as you will see on you tube. Once you have the tools ready, and after the first roller is done, it might take 5 to 10 minutes or less per roller.
barrymerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 01:56 PM   #5

Florida
What kind of slide do you have? AccuSlide slides will jump and jolt if the cables are loose. the slide is not made for rollers per se.. They can be added but if the slide is adjusted properly, should not be needed.

... fixed - DUH!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 01:59 PM   #6

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
What kind of slide do you have? Schwintek slides will jump and jolt if the cables are loose. the slide is not made for rollers per se.. They can be added but if the slide is adjusted properly, should not be needed.

Schwintek has cables now? Wouldn't be a Schwintek then would it?
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:12 PM   #7

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
Schwintek has cables now? Wouldn't be a Schwintek then would it?
must have had schwintek on the brain...
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 03:35 AM   #8

California
My 2016 3605 did the same thing. I already had replaced all gear boxes last year. I read about all the possible repairs for chucking slides. I happened to try white lithium grease as a last resort before installing additional rollers and found out it works perfect. You can see the wear on the slide bar where it is hitting. Use a cauking gun to force the white grease in place.
dmcvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 01:01 AM   #9

Texas
This is a known issue with the Bal Accuslide. They have a retrofit roller in 1/2" and 3/4", depending on your wear bar height. My kitchen slide is currently jumping pretty good when closing, appears the wear bar is slightly crushing at the refrigerator/stove end of the slide. Bal referred me to Colaw RV to purchase the rollers, ordered four 3/4" rollers today to install. Dyers RV has some 1/2" rollers in stock. Bedroom slide came with rollers installed from the factory, still running brand new smooth.

#854304 for 1/2" wear bar height
#854303 for 3/4" wear bar height