Pictures - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > Forum Help | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2016, 10:18 PM   #1

California
Pictures

Question.... why are pictures I try to post turning sideways instead of the way they are supposed to be? I was trying to do a post on some mods I did.

lonwlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:07 PM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwlf View Post
Question.... why are pictures I try to post turning sideways instead of the way they are supposed to be? I was trying to do a post on some mods I did.
What are you using to take the pictures? iPhone? IIRC they mess with the orientation information. Best bet is to get the pictures into a hosting site then link to them from there. Photobucket, Flickr, etc.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:26 AM   #3

Washington
Yep, I have good luck when I post my pics on photobucket (copy and paste) from photobucket and paste them here.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:50 AM   #4

Maryland
The downfall of an online hosting site (Photobucket), if I ever decide to arrange my photos, because I did not do it upfront, there will be no photos in the threads, all broken links. I have tried doing thumbnails so the thread does not depend on me in the future for completeness.

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:13 AM   #5
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by calewjohnson View Post
The downfall of an online hosting site (Photobucket), if I ever decide to arrange my photos, because I did not do it upfront, there will be no photos in the threads, all broken links. I have tried doing thumbnails so the thread does not depend on me in the future for completeness.

Cale
True... or the hosting company decides to go Tango Uniform.

I use Flickr for most of my hosting, I like the fact you can assign a picture to multiple albums, as long as you don't remove it from the original album the link doesn't break. I have auto upload from my phone to a secure album on Flickr then I can assign the picture to a public album as I see fit. So far it seems to be working pretty well. I also use Dropbox, and Google photos for some stuff.

Aaron
Old 08-12-2016, 12:51 PM   #6

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
True... or the hosting company decides to go Tango Uniform.

I use Flickr for most of my hosting, I like the fact you can assign a picture to multiple albums, as long as you don't remove it from the original album the link doesn't break. I have auto upload from my phone to a secure album on Flickr then I can assign the picture to a public album as I see fit. So far it seems to be working pretty well. I also use Dropbox, and Google photos for some stuff.

Aaron
I have never used Flickr, is it superior to Photobucket? My problem now, I have photos everywhere. I have some on Google, some on iCloud, some on Photobucket. I just really need to organize and go with one. Once I do, I guess I should just copy everything to the permamnent place, so as not to break all past posts.

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:45 PM   #7

California
Dropbox seems to work fine for me.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:35 PM   #8

New Brunswick
Pictures Takin with iphone transfer

To start with, not sure how to transfer a photo to the site. I use "Photo Transfer app", I can get the photos to my laptop but how do I enter one on the site. I've entered one on the browse block and when I go to view nothing shows up.
Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:33 PM   #9
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
To start with, not sure how to transfer a photo to the site. I use "Photo Transfer app", I can get the photos to my laptop but how do I enter one on the site. I've entered one on the browse block and when I go to view nothing shows up.
If you have the photos on your computer you need to scroll down and use the 'manage attachments' button in the Attach Files box down in the Additional Options area. If you are linking to the picture from a hosting site use the little picture button at the top of the reply box.

Aaron