Fuel system info - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > Forum Help | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2023, 01:36 PM   #1

Arkansas
Fuel system info

Looking for some info. I have a black box just outside of my fuel tank of my Voltage Triton and I'm trying to figure out what is inside of it. It's about 10" X 6" with a fuel line from the tank going in and another coming out going to the generator prep. No wiring going into the box so that rules out a fuel pump. It is sealed like it is not supposed to be opened. If anyone knows what is in there I would greatly appreciate the info.

MWallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 02:59 PM   #2

California
I was going to guess fuel pump but obviously that requires electricity. Are you positive no wires?

Hopefully, someone else knows. Sorry—

Old 03-25-2023, 05:29 PM   #3

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWallace View Post
Looking for some info. I have a black box just outside of my fuel tank of my Voltage Triton and I'm trying to figure out what is inside of it. It's about 10" X 6" with a fuel line from the tank going in and another coming out going to the generator prep. No wiring going into the box so that rules out a fuel pump. It is sealed like it is not supposed to be opened. If anyone knows what is in there I would greatly appreciate the info.
Are you sure it’s a fuel line, and not a vapor line? If it’s the latter, I’ll take a wild guess and say the box is a charcoal EVAP canister… part of the required emissions system, just like those on your car or truck (aka: the coffee can)
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 01:44 AM   #4

Arkansas
You were correct. I double checked the fuel lines and that was the vapor line. I finally found a manual on the ECI system and how the lines are routed. Got everything connected and working great now. Thanks for the info.
MWallace is offline   Reply With Quote