Manual - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Library of Owner & User Manuals
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2021, 01:22 AM   #1

Massachusetts
Manual

Hi I'm looking for the manual for a 94 Classic 300. Hoping to find one with layout of water lines, furnace, water pump and fuses. Thanks

Bhaigh67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 08:00 PM   #2

Washington
Good Luck. The manuals don't have plumbing/wiring diagrams. In fact the manuals from Keystone don't have much of any information about specific units. You may have to contact Keystone/Dutchmen support to see if they can provide that information. Other than than try doing a google search; that's how I found wiring information on my Kodiak UL.

Logging the miles in the USA. Adventure awaits around every corner.
kjlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 08:44 PM   #3

Massachusetts
Thank you, will try google and then Keystone/ Dutchmen
Old 05-05-2021, 11:44 PM   #4

Oregon
My experience with Dutchmen, when asked where the roof wiring was with purpose to install an overhead fan in the roof vent was, “we don’t have one.” After following post after post to this owners’ site regarding any type of technical schematic, I am inclined to believe that in fact there are none, and every product is unique and therefore mystifying.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:39 PM   #5

Massachusetts
Thank you. As I am finding out, there really isn’t any thing in writing to really help me. So it’s going to be a trial and error fix.
Old 06-25-2021, 12:53 PM   #6

Ontario
Manuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaigh67 View Post
Thank you. As I am finding out, there really isn’t any thing in writing to really help me. So it’s going to be a trial and error fix.
Hi,
I’m a new owner of an older Dutchmen trailer and am also looking for diagrams showing plumbing lines and wiring. Did you have any luck? I called Dutchmen and they don’t have specific manuals only very generic.
Jenn
Jennparker2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 12:58 PM   #7

Florida
Hi Jennparker , welcome to the forum. I am afraid that there are NO wiring diagrams except the generic ones y ou find on the web. I think they do this because they are trying to protect their products from being copied, I personally think it’s because they don’t really have any certain standards they go by.

I can tell you that there are tw basic systems, a 110 volt system and a 12 volt system. Most of us can give you some idea of how they work and the way they are wired and what would be connected to the GFCI on the 110 volt side. Let us know if you have a 30 amp system or a 50 amp system and we can go from there…
Frank
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 04:02 PM   #8

Ontario
Hi Frank, thanks for your reply. When I called Dutchmen to inquire about manuals they said we don’t encourage owners to do their own repairs and to hire a licensed contractor. My first concern was about how the plumbing is usually connected - a generic plan is probably fine. This unit is a 94 and there are T connectors on the hot and cold lines with a tube pointing towards the ground. When we fill with the city connection the water pours out those tubes. I’m not sure if those are to drain lines for winter but we’ve purchased the screw on caps and will test if there are other leaks. I suspect the hot water tank leaks but we haven’t tested it yet. And the fresh water pump is missing so we’ll need to get that installed. I’m very new to RVs so it’s all a learning curve. Our last RV was a 2012 Gulfstream and it came with great manuals on all the appliances. Unfortunately we no longer have that unit or the manuals. Thanks!
Old 06-26-2021, 04:34 PM   #9

Wyoming
If I could be so bold as to make a suggestion:

Since, as you say in your other post about the water heater, that you are “very new RV owner”… and since you’re working with a very old unit… may I suggest that you consider hiring a local mobile RV technician to come out & make an overall general assessment of what you have?

The tech could not only evaluate the unit, and advise you what issues need to be repaired, refurbished, and/or replaced… but could also answer most any questions you may have, and provide guidance as to whether said issues could be handled by yourselves, or if it’s a job for a professional.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 04:45 PM   #10

Ontario
Excellent suggestion! We thought we’d try to sort out a few issues ourselves before hiring (budget issues). Hubby is a welder and knows a fair bit about auto mechanics so we’re taking care of what we can first. Any idea how much a mobile inspection would cost? We’re in Toronto. Thank you!
Old 06-26-2021, 11:17 PM   #11

Wyoming
No idea what the going market rate is up in your area. Down here in the US, most mobile techs usually have a basic service call charge between $75 - $125 as a minimum to show up… and an hourly rate between $80 - $125 an hour.

So if it were my rig, I’d try to book the guy for a 2 or 3 hour window… during which he could perform a decent inspection, answer questions, and provide advise on how to address any issues. To me, that would be well worth $250 - $300 to at least have a good starting inventory of what needs to be done.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 08:27 AM   #12

Michigan
As far as those tubes go, they could be low-point drains. I had a Coachmen that had them but I had to search to find the valves. They ended up being located inside of a kitchen cabinet that we removed a drawer to get access to - they were simple shut off valves that we could open and close for winterizing it. Maybe you can use their general location to look inside the rig? But the mobile tech is a great idea.
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 01:33 PM   #13

Ontario
Thanks for the tip on possibly low-point drains. I believe that’s what they are. The ends allow for a screw on cap so we purchased caps and will test if that’s all they are. Everything in Toronto is expensive so I expect we’d be in for a minimum $500 for a mobile service call. I’ll let you know if I can find someone.