Is a 1983 Komfort 29 a Dutchman? Need manual - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Library of Owner & User Manuals
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2013, 07:18 AM   #1

Oregon
Is a 1983 Komfort 29 a Dutchman? Need manual

Hi,
I just bought a 1983 Komfort 29. Saw here that Dutchman was founded in 1988. Any thoughts on where to locate a manual, especially for repairs?
thanks,

petegood

petegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #2

Indiana
Welcome Petegood,
I don't know if it is a dutchmen product or not but I can tell you go ahead now and give up your search for a manual because they are junk and basically a waste of paper. Concentrate your efforts on finding a generic rv systems repair book or some how to videos on youtube that are for the system or appliance you need to work on. The manuals are not like one that is in the glove box of the truck (just not enough info there).

2013 Denali 311 bhs pos
Love the trailer, hate the dealer and manufacturer.
memgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #3

Oregon
good idea

Thanks, Mike.
Sounds like a good idea. I'll mostly need a Dometic manual, which I can probably download free. Also an Onan manual. The rest I can probably figure out with online help. Appreciate your reply.

Pete in central Oregon (bitter cold this week)
Old 12-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #4

Saskatchewan
For twenty five years we hauled a Travelaire 5'er around - best trailer we've ever owned. In about year 22 the fridge also gave up and we were faced with the same dilemma as you have. I was told by more than one person to turn the fridge upside down to allow the chemical to recirculate. I never got a chance to test that as I was able to purchase a second hand unit very cheaply. In your case in might be worth a try. I found this written on the Internet: "Remove the entire refridgerator and turn it upside down for 24 hours. Then turn right side up again, let sit for another day and give it a try. I don't know how or why, but it seems to give them a new lease on life. won't fix an electrical problem but it gets the ammonia flowing."

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #5

Oregon
thanks, kayakcrazy. good to know about how to restore an RV fridge. I don't know mine has any problems; I want to get a manual just in case. any thoughts on how to safely take out a lock cylinder (from side storage panels) on a Komfort 29 in case I don't find the key?

pete