New 300TQ nothing but issues - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > Dutchmen News
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2021, 10:09 PM   #1

Ontario
New 300TQ nothing but issues

I am going to start off with the positive report on our new 2021 Coleman 300 TQ toy hauler, we absolutely loved the floor plans and the new colour options, fireplace, beaver tail in the storage for ease of loading our toys, area, power stabilizers, etc. We should have looked at other manufactures but trusted what our dealer was selling us, we ordered the trailer spring of 2020, when the trailer arrived in July 2020, several items where not correct as to what was ordered.

1. The benches that came in the toy hauler part had no “skirts” and were the wrong benches. Not the ones we ordered. (replaced free of charge)
2. Happy jack queen bed was installed, that we did order, cost to me was an extra $1800.00 for it, or we would have had to wait approx. 3 months to have another trailer ordered.
3. After picking up the trailer we headed down the road and it was noticed that siding on drivers’ side of the trailer was ballooning out between the front corner and the bedroom window. Outdoor shower lid was flapping in the wind, so was the electrical cover, we had to find a store to purchase duct tape to keep them shut.
At that time the dealership was closed, we couldn’t return. {Action trailer fixed}
Over the next few days we noticed the following:
4. Inside panel on drivers’ side was not attached to wall. Received Warranty
5. The dining room tables leg holders {mounts} were in the wrong spot, {Action Trailers drilled new holes.}
6. The wood trim on slide is bowed out.
7. We could not get our local radio station 20km away from our home, found that the antenna wire was coiled in behind the stereo, not hooked to the antenna. {Action Trailers fixed it}
8. The exhaust fan above stove does not work. Still waiting on warranty.
9. The freezer frosts over on the top of the door, the top of the inside and the back, no matter how low you turn the control. still waiting on warranty
10. Outdoor shower was replaced by Action Trailers. We noticed on the next camping trip we had no cold water at the outdoor shower, found flex line in behind kinked. {We fixed}
11. The power tongue jack broke three days after we got the trailer home. {Action Trailers replaced}
12. Bathroom sink lines leaked. We fixed
13. Could not understand why the was no heat from the duct going to the toy storage area, found 6ft of extra flex pipe coiled up under the bathroom sink vanity, I cut six ft out and no problems with air flow.
14. The stabilizer jack support is bent at the underneath front of trailer, we figure this was caused by the power jack failure causing the full wait to be on the stabilizers. Still not fixed.
15. We were notified by neighboring camp site, to ask us if we had problems with our furnace as they noted it was extremely loud, and woke them up several times though out the night. We asked Action Trailers to look into it and they said that there was a hole in the pipe and they fixed it.
16. The biggest problem we are having is all the caulking on the roof is separating form the roof membrane, and cracking at every seam, we called Dutchman and they said to caulk it and get it booked in for warranty. We did the caulking and when we dropped it off at Action Trailers inspected the roof and found soft spots. Action Trailer submitted warranty, photos and it was approved to have the roof replaced. Action Trailers then tarped the roof, (back half) and stored the trailer outside.
17. We went to Action Trailer December 12th 2020, to gather a few items, and when we opened the main entrance door there was water coming into trailer from the ceiling speaker causing puddling on the floor and seat cushions, employee in yard was notified.
March 2021 We went back again and the trailer still has water coming into it. The tarp that was put on was put on with bungie cords, so now wherever there is a hook it has damaged the siding of the trailer.
We have had no trailer since November 2020 and Dutchman has just picked it up {May 10th} to assess it and repair all items. We were told we would get a new trailer but now we are getting a refurbished one. They are going to remove what they see is water damaged but will not guarantee if any mold issues arise.
It seems to me that 40K for a refurbished trailer is unacceptable.
Very disappointed with the service from our dealer and Dutchman.

JMBinkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:10 AM   #2

California
We all seem to have similar issues. Sorry but while your issues are likely more and worse than many it is not unheard of.

Stay on them and get every issue noted and in the queue. Once the warranty period ends you will be on your own!

Good luck.

Old 06-18-2021, 11:18 AM   #3

Florida
SPEECHLESS! Good luck!

Wish you would have been on this site before you purchased your rig. We always recommend a PDI before accepting delivery.

Like Dsol mentioned, stay on them!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 12:48 AM   #4

Florida
Do lemon laws apply to campers? You definitely got one!
Have you gone past your dealer directly to Dutchmen about all of these issues? Warranty work or not, this is beyond what anyone would expect from a brand new unit. Push this as far as you can and good luck!
Dave&HarriettB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 03:45 PM   #5

Wisconsin
Some people have reported good experiences with Dutchmen, Keystone, Voltage, Kodiak, and now Coleman. Many have the opposite experience as did I. Odds of a good experience are low.

I always recommend looking at other brands and models. Bad things can happen with any of them, but odds of a good experience are better with others.

There is no Federal Lemon Law for travel trailers. Most states do not have one either. Some states include some motorized units. See a lawyer for best advice.

It was three months before we could camp in our new 2018 Kodiak Cub. It was three years before most of the issues were corrected. The cost of repairs was mostly supplied by the dealer and myself. I could not get a lawyer to take the case. Most refused to even call back.

I wish you good luck and happy trails ahead!
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 03:59 PM   #6

California
I think the best plan is to be ready for issues always, know you will need time and money to keep them working and safe and just make the most of it.

I have had a few big issues like suspension and 2 of three slides have broken but I have had far more great times than bad.
Old 06-27-2021, 01:01 AM   #7

Oregon
I feel your pain. I would hate to have to go through with what your dealing with. I hope I'm not one of the lucky ones but I got a trailer that was put together properly. I have a 2017 300TQ. Bought it new and have had no issues. Anything little that popped up I just fixed myself.

I'm curious on the siding issue do you know why the siding was billowing out?
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 09:17 PM   #8

North Carolina
This sounds very similar to my experience with when I purchased my 2014 Dutchman Denali new. Many months in the shop the first year. Unfortunately what you are going through sounds normal for a new Dutchman camper.

Witt84z is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
issues, poor quality, poor workmanship