Keystone Dealer Not Doing Warranty Work - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > Dutchmen News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2016, 10:55 PM   #1

South Carolina
Keystone Dealer Not Doing Warranty Work

A small independent local Keystone dealer told me today he doesn't do warranty work except for trailers he sold.

I'm surprised they have the leeway to do that. (I understand not wanting to work for the cheaper company rate)

I did shop at this guy's store prior to buying. He quoted me a list price for the trailers on his lot. I wanted a particular model. There were only about 4 in the Southeast. I drove a few hours to get my trailer.

AA6

All American 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:21 PM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Nothing out of the ordinary in the RV industry. In fact, finding a good dealer that does competent warranty work on any unit is extremely unusual.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:06 AM   #3

Illinois
I ranted over this same issue when someone's HD dealer wouldn't work on his bike, even though he broke down on the road. Just not right!
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 01:52 PM   #4

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
I ranted over this same issue when someone's HD dealer wouldn't work on his bike, even though he broke down on the road. Just not right!
How long ago was that?

I thought HD had weeded all those dealers out. I know of several dealers that lost their share of HDs production because they wouldn't conform to the "new" corporate model.

I've always been well looked after on the road, mainly rear tires wearing out on the high milers. Longest wait I've ever had was 2 hours, due in large part because we arrived right at noon and lunchtime had just started.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:01 PM   #5

Illinois
Could have been Tom or one of the other riders. I know it was an AZ dealer that refused to fix his bike. My personal experience with HD on the road has been excellent; even to the point where dealers stayed open and waited for me. Just lost a stator a month ago on my way to a rally in Chilicothe. Dealer dropped what he was doing and took me right in. Now if only RV dealers worked that way!
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:14 PM   #6

Nevada
All American, I know how you feel, I have a Dealer in the Reno area, about 45 mins away that wouldn't work on my Voltage because I didn't buy it there, but here is the kicker....I also have a Lance Truck Camper that I buy parts for when I was rebuilding it, and I picked up the parts from them.......My Voltage has to be repaired 2 hours away....
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:32 AM   #7

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
Could have been Tom or one of the other riders. I know it was an AZ dealer that refused to fix his bike. My personal experience with HD on the road has been excellent; even to the point where dealers stayed open and waited for me. Just lost a stator a month ago on my way to a rally in Chilicothe. Dealer dropped what he was doing and took me right in. Now if only RV dealers worked that way!
Rusty
Rusty,

I've always had good service from HD dealers while on the road. Albuquerque HD went so far to, let me do my own oil change, in the shop. The Everytime a tech walked bye they would ask if I needed anything.

Can't think of one experience with an RV dealer that you could compare.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote