Hey all you guests on the forum - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > Dutchmen News
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #1

Michigan
Hey all you guests on the forum

Take a chance all you guests viewing out there. Join the forum and share what you have. Lets get this forum built up and rollin down the highway. Perhaps we can hit a 1000 members by the end of the weekend. keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Oops, fell asleep at the key board.

GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #2

New York
I have learned, by being on other forums, that sometimes it is not the # of members BUT it is the quality of the membership!

I'd much rather be on a forum with maybe 100 very knowledgable members than 1000 bashing members.

Just my opinion!

Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #3

Quebec
I agree .... it's about positive contributions.
kevinmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #4

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana & Poppy View Post
I have learned, by being on other forums, that sometimes it is not the # of members BUT it is the quality of the membership!

I'd much rather be on a forum with maybe 100 very knowledgable members than 1000 bashing members.

Just my opinion!
Said well Nana & Poppy. No product bashing or ranting. However, to pose problems with your product can be helpful. Others may have had the same problem and have an easy fix. Or others may be having poor performance from a component and not know why. It also can alert the manufacturer to a problem or pending problem, but only if someone is monitoring the forum.

Take for instance the problem with my kitchen air unit. The duct work and vents are in place as should be, however instead of being common to the discharge side of the air handling box it is set up or plumbed as being common to the intake side of the air handling box. With this setup cold air is not being directed to the front living room, it is all being dumped in the kitchen. And being common to the intake side of the box all of the warm air is being sucked into the unit and completely bypassing the air filter.

At any rate glad to hear from other owners of the Dutchmen brand.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #5

California
Agreed, I would like more contributions, but I would rather have interested members
Jlew127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #6

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlew127 View Post
Agreed, I would like more contributions, but I would rather have interested members
AGREE, more members = more contributions. I Think one has to be a member to post.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #7

Indiana
I surfed around here for sometime before I became a member. I looked over and read what people were talking about, good and bad.
At the point where I felt that I wanted to be involved is when I became a member.

This forum covers a lot of different types of trailer units from pop ups, TT's, to 5ers. I have learned many different things on this forum. I have an appreciation for this forum.

So, to the people that are ambitious in getting more forum members in the game, be patient. Non-member surfers (lurkers) and non-participating members will or will not actively participate. Although, someday they may.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:52 AM   #8

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinityrver View Post
I surfed around here for sometime before I became a member. I looked over and read what people were talking about, good and bad.
At the point where I felt that I wanted to be involved is when I became a member.

This forum covers a lot of different types of trailer units from pop ups, TT's, to 5ers. I have learned many different things on this forum. I have an appreciation for this forum.

So, to the people that are ambitious in getting more forum members in the game, be patient. Non-member surfers (lurkers) and non-participating members will or will not actively participate. Although, someday they may.
I agree, I surfed and lurked for sometime prior to becoming a member of my first forum. There may lots of Dutchmen brand owners out there that are not even aware of this forum. I am having some informational (business cards) telling folks about this forum. My plan is to introduce myself when ever I see a fellow Dutchmen brand owner in my travels around the country.

And that is my story and I am sticking to it.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #9

New York
Rick - we did exactly that over on the Sunline Forum - business cards were put on the TV of any Sunline some of us saw. Problem is - they still don't join! Oh you may get one or two - but for the most part - no.

We also have had some mini M&G's (Meet & Greets) and as we sat around the fire, one of the members stated that they were definitely hesitant to join the M&G as he did not know us and was afraid what he might encounter, as he said one of you might be an ax murderer!

For those of us who have joined a forum of any kind - we watch what we say and to whom - and use common sense when making contact off the forum.....however many are still very hesitant to join.

I applaud you in your efforts and hope you see our membership increase due to them.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #10
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
I too would like the forum to grow. I have a sheet that I give to anyone with a Dutchmen product when I camp. Not sure if any of them join or not, but it never hurts.

Prior to purchasing the Voltage I was an SOB (some other brand) and their owners group and forum was the best I have been in. The interesting thing is you paid to be a contributing member. Yes there were advantages to belonging to this forum. They had an anuual rally which had speakers, food etc. Every other year they had it in Goshen and had free repairs (up to two), speakers rig weighing for a small fee, entertainment and it was all subsidized by the company. The person who ran the forum is an employee. In one year they grew to over 2000 paying members. Small fee I think 40 bucks for 3 years.

Last year we went to the Hershey RV show and worked a day at their table handing out flyiers for the forum and small trinkets. We also walked around and spoke with potential customers answering questions and again promoting the forum. it was a great time. We had shirts, hats, etc.

I am going to the Hershey Show again this year and would love to do this at the Dutchmen area, but I dont know how to get in touch with anyone at the company who will respond. I have tried sending e-mails with no responses. They don't seem to understand if this was done correctly it will help to drive business. Just like someone mentioned about Facebook, they just don't understand how this can help the company and its dealers. if anyone has any ideas let me know.
Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #11

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonervn View Post
Prior to purchasing the Voltage I was an SOB (some other brand) and their owners group and forum was the best I have been in. The interesting thing is you paid to be a contributing member. Yes there were advantages to belonging to this forum. They had an anuual rally which had speakers, food etc. Every other year they had it in Goshen and had free repairs (up to two), speakers rig weighing for a small fee, entertainment and it was all subsidized by the company. The person who ran the forum is an employee. In one year they grew to over 2000 paying members. Small fee I think 40 bucks for 3 years.

Do you mind telling us what you owned before the Dutchmen?

Leo and I also belong to another forum - Sunline Owners Club - which we are still very active on. Let's face it - most of us will be SOB's to one manufactuer or another sooner or later!
Old 07-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #12
Chapter Director

Ohio
Heartland Big Horn. Actually hated to leave them but there toy haulers were not made for us mature people. Lol. We loved the Voltage and still really like it, but there owners club was top notch.
Findlay, Oh.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #13

New York
Thanks Bill......right now I'm not too happy with either Dutchmen OR my dealer - our Rubicon has been there since June 3rd...I call every week and I get the same story "we are wating to hear back from Dutchmen, as soon as we do we'll call you!"

What was so different between the Big Horn and the Voltage - Leo and I aren't "spring chickens" (I'm 65 and Leo is 72) Rubicon does not come back in prestine shape....we'll be looking at something els!
Old 07-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #14
Chapter Director

Ohio
Kathy and Leo,

Well I'm 68 and Sallie is 60, so we are not young either. I bought a Can-Am Sypder motorcycle and wanted a toy hauler so we could enjoy the cycle. The Big Horn didn't offer a toy hauler and Heartland's toy haulers were really made for the younger set. Most all of the interiors were black and didn't hav.e the class of the Voltage. For our age the Voltage interior was more our style. We were at a Heartland rally and another Heartland person had just bought a Voltage for the same reason. They were pleased and we looked at them and loved It also. We also wanted a 10 foot garage since we only have a 2500 diesel and the weight matched up for us. At that time Heartland didn't offer that.

In all honesty if Heartland would have had a product that looked like the Voltage we would have never left Heartland. If we didn't need a toy hauler we would have kept the Big Horn or possibly traded it for the Big Horn front living room. It is so spacious.

I will say we are Very happy with the Voltage. I still have a couple of minor issues I'm dealing with, but they are really small. I still belong to the Heartland Owners Club and go to the rally's when I can. We are allowed to go to the rally's except for the national ones.
Findlay, Oh.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:55 AM   #15

Michigan
Wowwzer, what is that 3 or 4 or us in a row posting that used be Heartland owners or still are. Heartland has a great forum, lots of great people in the club and knowledgeable. By the way I am also still a member of the Heartland owners forum as we just renewed last year for 3 years. We had a Big Horn 3670rl. I will not knock the Heartland products because they are not a bad rig and they do stand behind their product/brand. However the fit and finish is better on the Dutchmen rigs IMHO.

Are you listening Dutchmen big wigs. Right now my brand new 3750FL is at the dealership doing what should have been done when it was made. Some one missed the QC when it came to the air conditioning unit in the galley, and that is all I am going to say. Oh yes, there was not any filter medium for the air conditioners either. Besides that We love the Infinity, the front living room is great, in fact the whole layout is great. We have had it two months now and have not been able to use it.

Hopefully the lurkers will finally decide to join and offer their mods and ideas to this forum and their experiences as well.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #16

New York
Bill thanks for clearing that up......I looked over on the Heartland Toy Hauler section and immediately did not like the interior.....I guess we are on the sam page there!