Dutchman RV's are now under Keystone! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > Dutchmen News
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #1

Washington
Dutchman RV's are now under Keystone!

I had asked Kodiak to send me a new sticker for my camper. I got a reply from Keystone customer service. I sent back an email that I have a Kodiak, not a Keystone. I got a reply that as of now all Dutchmen products are under Keystone. Thor industries has apparently merged the two subsidiaries. Does this forum need to change?

Seattle Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:08 PM   #2

Oklahoma
I've been dealing with Keystone's warranty department that is now doing warranty service for Dutchman.
I think Dutchman or Thor Industries, has absorbed the Keystone brand and have taken on Keystone's warranty people. Which, by the way, seem to have taken the helm with great vigor.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #3

Ontario
Has anyone been able to confirm this merger with Dutchmen?
Adair1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:21 PM   #4

Washington
I contacted Kodiak customer service and Keystone answered the phone. The rep informed me of this change.
Seattle Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:24 PM   #5

Oklahoma
Sure, I have. Yesterday I picked up my 3800 from Dean's RV Super Store in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
I had a slide issue that ultimately needed replacement of both motors and all the tracks.
This overhaul of the slide system was under warranty and was accomplished by the outstanding work of Steve Holmes of Keystone/Dutchman warranty department. Steve and his fellow workers called me from time to time to chack on the progress of the repair. Steve was also in contact with Mike Schindaman of Schintek. They both assured me by phone that they going to make sure my repair was done to my satisfaction.
So far the slide works better than it did when new. I'm now back in my home and happy and with a new attitude about warranty people and company CEOs.

Consider this a shout out to Keystone/Dutchman warranty people, Steve Holmes, Mike Shindaman and the certified techs at Dean's RV in Tulsa.

Give them a chance to work for you and don't be afraid to voice your concerns, it worked for me. A $0.00 balance bill is a good thing!
Old 02-04-2014, 05:27 PM   #6

Ontario
This looks to be a good thing for Dutchmen/Kodiak owners.
Adair1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:39 AM   #7

California
my wife and I just went to do an initial walk around on my Voltage 3895, and the manufacturer label says MFG by Keystone!
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-04-02 16.59.06.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	883

2014 Voltage 3895
2012 Ram Limited CCLB-DRW 4x4
many others... and lots of bills
Hollandazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #8

Tennessee
My units labeled as manufactured by Dutchman inc. You know what, no matter who's name is on them they're all built nearly the same. Same vendors, Lippert Componets, and all the rest. Look close you'll see. Nothing really unique. I would like to see better workmanship from all manufactures. Just sayin.. I'm sure some will disagree.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:21 PM   #9

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper2b View Post
My units labeled as manufactured by Dutchman inc. You know what, no matter who's name is on them they're all built nearly the same. Same vendors, Lippert Componets, and all the rest. Look close you'll see. Nothing really unique. I would like to see better workmanship from all manufactures. Just sayin.. I'm sure some will disagree.
I agree. When I was looking to buy my two choices were the Aerolite or a Cougar X-lite (made by Keystone). During my quick five minute walk through the Cougar I saw issues with the two closets that flank the bed. I ended up going with the Aerolite and have had a couple of issues that I did not see during the walk through.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #10

Minnesota
All, will fill you in after I acquire my Kodiak 292 in a few weeks what label is on it. Supposedly we are receiving one of the last eight to be built and Kodiak will not make a toy hauler version in their line.
Greg (Trackdad)
Trackdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:14 AM   #11
Site Team

North Carolina
Interesting...

I just purchased a 2015 Coleman CM16FBS, I am pretty sure it says it was built by Dutchmen. I will have to check the tags when it comes back from the shop on Wednesday. The paper documentation that came with it all said Dutchmen on it. I wonder if they are still running the Dutchmen factory as Dutchmen but under Keystone management?

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:03 AM   #12

Minnesota
Yep, my label on our Kodiak 292tqb reads Keystone!!!!
Trackdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:56 PM   #13
Site Team

North Carolina
Just got my Dutchmen/Coleman/Keystone back from the dealer. Build tag says Keystone... 5/16/2014 built on a Friday Probably why they did a crap job on the A/C install. But it is now fixed under warranty and seems to be working correctly.

Aaron
Old 09-05-2014, 09:53 PM   #14

California
My name is LK Smith. Is there anyway you may have an email or contact information for a warranty issue. I was on the road and my water pump went bad. I called in a mobile RV repair and I would like to get a refund. The Trailer is a 2014 Infinity. I would appreciate that.
Lloken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:50 AM   #15

New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloken View Post
My name is LK Smith. Is there anyway you may have an email or contact information for a warranty issue. I was on the road and my water pump went bad. I called in a mobile RV repair and I would like to get a refund. The Trailer is a 2014 Infinity. I would appreciate that.

I wish you luck. I had to call a mobile company under warranty when the landing gear failed to retract and the documentation to manually retract the gear was sadly incorrect. I was told to contact my local Dutchmen support which was CW and they don't have a mobile repair service so I was stuck with the bill because I could not bring the trailer into the service center. I swear that the idiots who run most of the RV companies really don't care about the product that they put out nor do they care about he documentation written to help those in times of need. If there is a hades I hope that the elite at Dutchmen enjoy a warm winter when time comes.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:59 AM   #16

California
My hope is that Dutchmen reads your email and sees the frustration. I am going to try to get through to them. I live on the west coast and I need to get on it early Monday. Wish me luck.

Lloken
Old 10-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #17

Idaho
I have our 2014 Voltage 3600 in for main salon slide out motor & rail replacement as I'm typing this note. Yes, Keystone Management has absorbed oversight of Dutchmen (according to a recent article I read in RV Business - Google is a wonderful search tool). I wrote a note to the Keystone "Contact Us" link on their website regarding the lengthy process undertaken to get the slide parts to my local dealer for the warranty work (is 4 months standard?), and received a fairly lengthy appology. Sure hope the work being done this week resolves the issue. I was holding my breath everytime I pushed the "out" switch on the slideout - even went so far as to not completely extend it on a couple of outings while we were awaiting parts. I think I have one of those "Monday or Friday" units. Too many little things that have been wrong with this unit to have faith in the Dutchmen Voltage quality control process during manufacture.
RNSMAC2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:35 PM   #18

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSMAC2K View Post
I have our 2014 Voltage 3600 in for main salon slide out motor & rail replacement as I'm typing this note. Yes, Keystone Management has absorbed oversight of Dutchmen (according to a recent article I read in RV Business - Google is a wonderful search tool). I wrote a note to the Keystone "Contact Us" link on their website regarding the lengthy process undertaken to get the slide parts to my local dealer for the warranty work (is 4 months standard?), and received a fairly lengthy appology. Sure hope the work being done this week resolves the issue. I was holding my breath everytime I pushed the "out" switch on the slideout - even went so far as to not completely extend it on a couple of outings while we were awaiting parts. I think I have one of those "Monday or Friday" units. Too many little things that have been wrong with this unit to have faith in the Dutchmen Voltage quality control process during manufacture.

One thing for sure, not every Dutchman product was made on Monday or Friday. QC was given leave many years ago so it seems as if Monday is every day at Dutchman.

August 11th my rig went to the shop for slide repairs/problems/replacement/diagnosis/extraction/subtraction or consideration for burial at a later date. Last word from the dealer, maybe motors and racks to be in the 16th of this month.

Of course that's contingent upon Columbus and the girls getting across the ocean.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:02 PM   #19

California
I am assuming Dutchmen is still going to exist? Hopefully they are keeping the brand and just assigning fewer people to do more work. This may mean more shoddy work ? I hope not. Is Dutchmen in some kind of financial trouble or are they consolidating.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:46 PM   #20
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloken View Post
I am assuming Dutchmen is still going to exist? Hopefully they are keeping the brand and just assigning fewer people to do more work. This may mean more shoddy work ? I hope not. Is Dutchmen in some kind of financial trouble or are they consolidating.
My understanding is that the name will stay around. I believe they have closed at least one plant out on the west coast.

Aaron