Dutchman RV's are now under Keystone! - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > Dutchmen News
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-11-2014, 11:48 PM   #21
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Anaheim Hills
Posts: 24
California
Thanks. I sure hope some one keeps the maker alive, especially since I just bought one.
__________________

Lloken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:34 AM   #22
Site Team
 
wahoonc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sprung Leak
Posts: 3,156
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloken View Post
Thanks. I sure hope some one keeps the maker alive, especially since I just bought one.
Anymore the name is just a name. The parts on all the units are pretty much the same. Other than needing someone to beat up for warranty service it doesn't make much difference what name is on the outside.

Aaron
__________________

__________________
There is madness to my methods
2015 Coleman CM16FBS(traded) 2016 Concord 300DS
2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:16 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Canon City
Posts: 861
Colorado
Well, so it goes.

Hopefully there are lessons that have been learned, and RVs to come will not have the problems so many of us have dealt with.

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:16 PM   #24
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Boise
Posts: 5
Idaho
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
One thing for sure, not every Dutchman product was made on Monday or Friday. QC was given leave many years ago so it seems as if Monday is every day at Dutchman.

August 11th my rig went to the shop for slide repairs/problems/replacement/diagnosis/extraction/subtraction or consideration for burial at a later date. Last word from the dealer, maybe motors and racks to be in the 16th of this month.

Of course that's contingent upon Columbus and the girls getting across the ocean.
Here's wishing you patience as you wait on the parts!
Unfortunately I had to consistantly query my local dealer to pursue an update on the parts order status - Dutchmen's comment back to me was that the dealer would order parts from Dutchmen, who would then in-turn have to order the part from that particluar vendor. 4 week turnaround minimum on that part of it. I'd encourage you to work with the dealer service rep to follow up with Keystone/Dutchmen on a weekly basis and ask for a status update.

Good Luck! I'll update this thread with the outcome from new part install. As a side note, I'm sure enjoying reading the threads from fellow Voltage owners - especially the modifications. Many thanks to all!
RNSMAC2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:12 AM   #25
Member
 
superslif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: NE. Ohio
Posts: 27
Ohio
Quote:
Anymore the name is just a name. The parts on all the units are pretty much the same. Other than needing someone to beat up for warranty service it doesn't make much difference what name is on the outside.
Was on another RVing website and happened to do a Google search on what my Aerolite product is really made by. At the time of purchase ( March 2012) I thought it was a Aerolite / Dutchman / Thor built product.

Having a slide issue and finding Keystone said they would honor a build issue if it was. But in reality I was only given "lip service" saying they don't think it was a "built issue". My 1000% opinion was a 5 year old could see it was a design / built issue. Even the Camping World tech who worked on it says it was absolutely a build issue. But CW wouldn't go to bat for me to push my case.

Was my 2nd Aerolite purchase, if Keystone is now handling the build and warranty, I'm sorry to say it might be my last....
superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:56 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Hermitage
Posts: 106
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSMAC2K View Post
Here's wishing you patience as you wait on the parts!
Unfortunately I had to consistantly query my local dealer to pursue an update on the parts order status - Dutchmen's comment back to me was that the dealer would order parts from Dutchmen, who would then in-turn have to order the part from that particluar vendor. 4 week turnaround minimum on that part of it. I'd encourage you to work with the dealer service rep to follow up with Keystone/Dutchmen on a weekly basis and ask for a status update.

Good Luck! I'll update this thread with the outcome from new part install. As a side note, I'm sure enjoying reading the threads from fellow Voltage owners - especially the modifications. Many thanks to all!






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stan the man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:59 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Hermitage
Posts: 106
Tennessee
Dutchman or grand design, well I guess you know what I chose
Sure hope I didn't make the wrong decision. 2017 Kodiak 291RESL I do love it, just hope it stays that way


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

Stan the man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2020 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×