2018 Nissan Diesel XD Reserve - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2022, 05:51 PM   #1

Alabama
2018 Nissan Diesel XD Reserve

I need advice on the 2018 Nissan Diesel XD as a tow vehicle for a 6000 pound loaded passport travel trailer. I currently tow with a 90,000 mile 2015 crew cab 1500 Sierra 6.2 gas with 8 speed transmission. I normally get 11 mpg towing and 20 mpg when travelling empty. I am considering a 40 k mile 2018 XD. What are your thoughts on the XD Diesel, six speed transmission and overall quality of the XD. Expected mileage towing and everyday driving? I know about the added cost of owning a diesel with maintenance and added fuel cost. Would the tow be more enjoyable with the diesel truck? Would the XD be a good upgrade.

Thank you, Catdoctor

Catdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 07:30 PM   #2

Florida
It’s a real pleasure to tow with an XD. I have a 16. XD PLATINUM. You will not even notice your rv is back there. You may need to add a load leveling hitch but your mileage at 65 will be considerably more than you are used to.

The added cost of the diesel makes up in mileage and pleasure while towing. Be careful, u will forget the rv is back there and you will end up taking too sharp of a turn.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote