looking to replace manual recliners with power ones - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2022, 05:31 PM   #1

Oregon
looking to replace manual recliners with power ones

I am looking to replace my manual recliners w/storage console (theater seating) with power recliners w/storage console. I have looked at regular "household" furniture, but have found those to be too wide for the space I have. I have found 2 companies that have what I want, RecPro and Shop4seats.com. RecPro can be bought on their site or on Amazon, both are free shipping. Shop4seats can only be bought on their site and shipping is about $350 (for the item I want). The actual furniture is about same cost either place. I have looked at reviews of both and I am finding that RecPro has lots of negative reviews on quality, saying the leather does not last very long and starts cracking and tearing in a year or two. For Shop4seats, there negative reviews revolve around their customer service and delivery dates, but the quality of the leather seems to have good reviews. I am leaning to Shop4seats, even though shipping is quite a bit, I would prefer good lasting quality (you get what you pay for). I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these companies products and what your feedback might be.

gwj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 09:31 PM   #2

Louisiana
Furniture replacement

It has been my experience that the fake leather used in modern furniture looks good but does not hold up well to the temperature changes when the RV is in storage or not in use. Personally I opted for fabric instead of fake leather.
Fabric does not crack or peel. Of course this is a matter of personal choice.

cajunjlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 09:38 PM   #3

Oregon
I went ahead and ordered the ones from Shop4seats, supposed to be delivered next week (while I am out camping). I plan to install them the following week and will post pics and a review early Sept after I have used them on my next camp trip.
gwj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 01:52 PM   #4

Florida
I replaced my “loveseat” with two wall hugger recliners. Lay z boy to be specific. The key was the wall hugger feature which gave me the ability to put out the recliner without being too far from the wall. The other great thing is that they break down into two pieces so we could get them in through the door,,
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recliners