schwinn-tech - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Chassis and Running Gear
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #1

Michigan
schwinn-tech

New Infinity 3750 FL. Wondering if anybody with the schwinn-tec brand slide has had any trouble with it and if so what kind of trouble. Also, how large are the slide they are being used on? Are they superslides, single slides, motor home or 5th wheel?

thenak you for your input.

GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #2

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDENYEARS View Post
New Infinity 3750 FL. Wondering if anybody with the schwinn-tec brand slide has had any trouble with it and if so what kind of trouble. Also, how large are the slide they are being used on? Are they superslides, single slides, motor home or 5th wheel?

thenak you for your input.
Why? Are you having issues?

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #3

Michigan
No, zero problems as of yet. Just wondering what to watch out for before it becomes serious is all.
GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:03 AM   #4

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDENYEARS View Post
No, zero problems as of yet. Just wondering what to watch out for before it becomes serious is all.
Actually, if your not having issues with your schwintek slides............chances are you won't.

My issues were that my bedroom room slide wouldn't go in all the way. About an inch and a half from completing. The issues were taken care of by recalibration and adjustments by a repair facility. Our galley slide had done the same thing not long afterward.

You also, asked about size of the slide. Our bedroom slide consist of the bed, dresser, and and two closets in the hallway. To my knowledge the 3850RL has the largest bedroom slide in the Thor family. Our galley slide is huge........I don't know if you would consider that a super slide...........I guess I would.

The "Schwintek " slides almost sound or feel like they're not going to complete the task. They do, but I guess I'm still not use to them yet.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Old 05-11-2013, 01:08 AM   #5

Oklahoma
They like to be level when being retracted or extended. Even if one gets a little crooked it can be easily corrected.
My big slide is slower than the small one but I guess that's due to the size difference.
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #6

New Mexico
I have an issue with my front slide, one side of one half of the slide does not go in all the way, perhaps 1/2 or 1 inch out. Have not taken it in as we are full timing it.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #7

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72mach View Post
I have an issue with my front slide, one side of one half of the slide does not go in all the way, perhaps 1/2 or 1 inch out. Have not taken it in as we are full timing it.
Certainly makes it tough to have anything done on your coach when your full timing.

Wish we were full timing!

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Old 05-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #8

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72mach View Post

If you go to Dutchman's home page and look for the manual for the slide you'll find the remedy for the slide.

From memory, hit the reset button six times and then one more time. Yeah, I know, that's seven times. That releases the motor brake and allows you to push in the side that is lacking. The bad part about the memory, I don't remember how to return the controller to normal. However, the good part is I remembered that I'm pretty sure I watched a you tube video on this.

It is simple and no need to leave your house at the dealer for a week.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #9

New Mexico
Thanks for the info, we are planning on moving in a couple of weeks to another park and will check it out. Also saw the info on how to check the reservoir levels and top off instructions for the six point landing gear. The dealer replaced all the hydraulic lines during pdi as per a manufactures notice according to the tech. When we arrived at our latest campground I noticed fluid in the compartment and the cap was off. According to the instructions the level should be check when everything is retracted and topped off with ATF.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:05 PM   #10

California
Cool Vertical Timing out on Schwinntek In Wall Slides

Having an issue on my 2012 Voltage V3200. Schwinntek in wall slides.

Living room slide is fully retracted at top but sticking out approx 1" - 1 1/2" on the bottom. I've been doing my reasearch and it looks like I have to take the whole track/wall mount apart.

Anyone else have a similar problem or know of a remedy that wont require several days/weeks in a repair shop?
DFlick328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:00 PM   #11

Oklahoma
Weeks in the repair shop for slide issues, try months.
Some will say you can extend and retract a few times and maybe get it in sync but my two time experience suggests a trip to the dealer and kiss it good bye while they and the manufacturer sort it out.

There's not a lot a user can do for this problem except prolong the future cat's astrophy that's bound to happen.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
Old 02-29-2016, 06:22 PM   #12

California
Thanks for the tid bit. This is our first TH with slides. I'll try to sort it out. Lippert did send me a Tech manual that shows taking the motors, tracks, and all gear out to "re-Sync." This will also require me to be sure that my slide is level and plumb before re-installation of the components to bring the gears/teeth to the correct sync. Seems like a lot of work to me.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:40 PM   #13

Maryland
DFlick328

Can you please post that Schwintek tech Manual.

Thank you

2014 3605 V Voltage
2014 F-350 6.7
2008 Street Glide
Bsfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:51 PM   #14

Arizona
My main slide failed and had to be rebuilt. I have swore an oath to never again buy anything with Schwintek slides.

BTW - enter Schwintek into the search function and you will find lots of threads with lots of horror stories about the Schwintek system. Perhaps why Dutchmen dumped it and went to a cable system.
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:39 PM   #15

California
BSFunk

Here is what Schwinntech sent me.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Voltage_Lippert Slide Out Repair Manual.pdf (4.29 MB, 947 views)
Old 02-29-2016, 10:12 PM   #16
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
My main slide failed and had to be rebuilt. I have swore an oath to never again buy anything with Schwintek slides.

BTW - enter Schwintek into the search function and you will find lots of threads with lots of horror stories about the Schwintek system. Perhaps why Dutchmen dumped it and went to a cable system.
I think the main problem with the Schwintek/Dutchmen issue is the fact that Dutchmen can't build anything square or true. The Schwintek system requires a tolerance of ± 1/8". Dutchmen has problems getting within 3/4" in a lot of cases. I have seen plenty of Schwintek slides where there aren't any problems. I just bought a motor home with them and they are working just fine. However I also measured them to make sure the tracks were parallel and were square to the motor mount frame. There is a thread on another board where the factory installed one track over an inch out of parallel... that isn't going to work for long. Dutchmen has a very poor track record of QC for the past 3-4 years, it is apparently getting better, but how much better is anybody's guess.

Yes to get everything squared up, if it was installed wrong is a major chore. You do have to do a major disassemble and refit things properly. It is a shame that the factory can't do things right the first time.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:57 PM   #17

Maryland
DFlick328

Thank you for posting the Manual.

2014 3605 V Voltage
2014 F 350 6.7
2008 Streetglide
Bsfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:10 PM   #18

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I think the main problem with the Schwintek/Dutchmen issue is the fact that Dutchmen can't build anything square or true. The Schwintek system requires a tolerance of ± 1/8". Dutchmen has problems getting within 3/4" in a lot of cases. I have seen plenty of Schwintek slides where there aren't any problems. I just bought a motor home with them and they are working just fine. However I also measured them to make sure the tracks were parallel and were square to the motor mount frame. There is a thread on another board where the factory installed one track over an inch out of parallel... that isn't going to work for long. Dutchmen has a very poor track record of QC for the past 3-4 years, it is apparently getting better, but how much better is anybody's guess.

Yes to get everything squared up, if it was installed wrong is a major chore. You do have to do a major disassemble and refit things properly. It is a shame that the factory can't do things right the first time.

Aaron
What you say makes a lot of sense. The Quality Control on our trailers seems to be little to non-existant. Motorhomes is another story. We had a fairly new Tiffin 45' Allegro Bus park next to us last week and the bedroom slides were Schwinteks. The large main slides were not Schwintek. The owner said zero problems with the slides on his half-million dollar bus.

Guess it all boils down to quality of construction, which 5th wheels, in general, seem to lack.
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:06 PM   #19

Kentucky
Hey yall,I have had no problems at all with our infinity.its been a great camper from day one. Like mentioned above had to sync our front living room slide once.