New TT, NEW tires and TPMS System - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2021, 09:37 PM   #21

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfour5 View Post
Thanks for all the information and advice. I'm thinking of moving up to 15 inch wheels from the 14 inch. It came with the trailer king 205/75 R14's. Now I'm looking and the choices for the rims/wheels come in 4 1/2 width and 5 inch. Any observations? Advice? I'm having a hard time finding any specific information... AND, this thread keeps popping up in my searches.

Might want to make sure if the new tires and wheel have larger radius to make sure they will fit and allow spring space etc. IE wheel wells.

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2018 F150 STX 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:05 PM   #22

Washington
Don't forget to check the clearance between the tire and the wheel well. Need enough room for the spring action.

Logging the miles in the USA. Adventure awaits around every corner.
kjlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 03:26 PM   #23

Montana
OK, three thousand miles in now pulling the trailer. Since I do quite a few dirt road miles, I ended up getting the Road Armor suspension upgrade. I got the Tireminder TPMS and didn't have time to install before our big trip 2500 miles to CO and UT. Other things came up and I checked the OEM tires carefully and decided, maybe next year. So, on the Trip the 2015 Ram 1500 Pulled wonderfully...until...it decided to shut down the engine at 65 mph with the trailer behind me while telling me to put it in park and restart it. I was in Moab and no one could help. The truck worked fine while there for four days, (not towing) restarted just fine and no issues, no problem. We cut the trip short two days and So, I decide I'm going to try to get to Salt Lake, made it but it did it again once. I still was going to have to wait a week in Salt Lake for them to look at it. ... I almost bought a new truck there... Finally decided to take the long way home and stay on the interstate so I had a hard wide shoulder. It did it once again south of Pocatello.

I get home, take it to the dealer, and after three days, they say an engineer will be coming in next week and they can't figure it out... Well, the sales manager offered me 21K for it with 70K miles and it was not babied. Last year in like March they offered me 15K for it. A new Built To Serve 1500 was sitting in the lot WITH the trailer Package and other goodies including TPMS as part of the package. So, no incentives but 6K extra on trade in...a wash, nice truck ended up right at 35K financed, 58K truck... Oh it all works great... So, in the end... I sold the Tireminder TPMS to my salesman... It comes with the truck. fiddles with phone calculator, OK, only 35K for TPMS and a sweet ride...that tows great. The furrion rear view trailer camera works great too. And after obsessively checking the China Bombs that started this thread, I still want the Endurances, but so far inside and out they look great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210719_085652.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	7063   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210806_095913.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	7064  
Redfour5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 10:23 PM   #24

Washington
I have the Goodyear Endurance on 25 foot Kodiak and love them. Upsized from the 205 to 215 with wheel well clearance ok. When replacing the valve stems go with metal ones, I have the Tireminder TPMS and Tireminder recommended metal valve stems. I got the road hazard warranty and after one trip I got a nail in one tire, Discount tire replaced the tire and all I paid for was the new warranty on the new tire.

Logging the miles in the USA. Adventure awaits around every corner.
kjlarson is offline   Reply With Quote