Lube Slide Out? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2022, 07:26 PM   #1

Minnesota
Lube Slide Out?

Any suggestions on how to lubricate the slide on my 2018 Aerolite 213RBSL? It is an electric slide for the dinette. I had it in for service on another matter and the tech indicated that it needed lubricating, but that the slide would have to be removed to do so. Can this be real? The motor and cables run behind a trim panel on top of the slide, so I know I can get at that much of the mechanicals. I have no idea how, or inclination to, remove the slide. Suggestions?

Snowman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 07:03 PM   #2

California
Can you see the cables on the side of the slide when you extend it? If so you can use a spray on slide lubricant. I will hold a paper towel behind the cables and spray then move and wipe.

Old 04-03-2022, 07:27 PM   #3

Minnesota
Thanks. Good suggestion. My further research suggests that the tracks in a Norco Accu Slide unit are nylon and self-lubricating. In addition to lubing the cables as you have suggested, I will pull the trim off of the inside top of the slide and check cable tension and travel. As I understand it, if the cables are too tight, they can cause the squealing I am hearing. While I have the trim off of the slide, I can also lube the pulleys and make sure they are operating properly. There should also be four anti-vibration fiber blocks at the cable turnbuckles that could be failing, fallen off, or already failed. My concern is the squealing suggests something is binding, which causes stress on the cable, motor, and gearbox. Any one of those components could fail resulting in an expensive repair. Thus, my crash course in Norco Accu Slide workings.
Snowman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 10:04 PM   #4

Florida
The cables actually support the slide. They may have added rollers underneath the slide floor and they are just for the slide movement and not for support. Look up slide cable adjustments.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote