Hydraulic leveling: Pros and cons? - Page 3 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2016, 04:31 PM   #41

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
Mike,

After 3 days laying in a hospital bed thinking on the hydraulic leveling system, you guys have about changed my mind.
Can't be true. I thought Old dog spots were unchangeable.

Sounds like if that ole dog had enough pondering time, then that quip doesn't apply?

Just messing with ya. Get well!

2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 05:32 PM   #42

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
Mike,

After 3 days laying in a hospital bed "

I hope you stay is short and recovery quick!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike & Helen
2014 Voltage 3895 EPIC III
2013 Ford F350 CC DRW FX4
HornedToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:21 AM   #43

Colorado
Jim,

Smoker? You mean one of those fools with a coffin nail in their mouth? Don't have 'em around to light off.

Oh you mean a meat smoker? Wanna get in to that...but have no idea where to start...so I haven't...yet...

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:09 AM   #44

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
Can't be true. I thought Old dog spots were unchangeable.

Sounds like if that ole dog had enough pondering time, then that quip doesn't apply?

Just messing with ya. Get well!
Snake,

You can mess with me all ya want, I can take just as good as I can give and I'm so far ahead nobody will ever catch me. When I retired my staff thought they were going to get one up on me, someone had got a copy that evolution thing, with the neaderthal morphing into man. Guess which one had my job title above it. When they presented it to me I kinda deflated their ballon, I was laughing so hard, the only comeback I could think of was "I've been called worse by better." Still got that thing on the fridge and get a laugh out of it everyday.

I don't hold no credance to that old wives, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks".

Our last two Am Staffs, one that was an over breed puppy mill rescue, buy the time I had had her six months, she could understand playing fetch following my hand signals. She would get out into the tall grass, I throw the boomarang and she would follow my hand signals straight to it.

The last one was a 9 1/2 year old throw away, the poor babe had 11 teeth that had to be pulled and a great big old wart on the top of her head that neede to be removed surgically. It took me awhile to get her to understand the wipe your feet command. But did she ever get the shake, five, high five and getting her seat belt on.

DWs 14 year old Terrier cross is just about getting ready to head off to the rainbow bridge, but she is still learns new tricks.

Never met a Pit Bull, I didn't like, can't say the same about many of the people l've met.

I still see a campfire a couple of wobbly pops and tall tales, fish stories and lies. Life happened this year and the best laid plans well they got misplaced, but next year I really want to go back to Carlsbad and watch the bats fly again.

Actually, I was looking at what it would cost me for a 12V power pack and jacks with a manual set of valves. The more stories I hear about software hacks in vehicle the more techno

The cost will be about $1200.

Thank you for the well wishes.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:19 PM   #45

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Jim,

Smoker? You mean one of those fools with a coffin nail in their mouth? Don't have 'em around to light off.

Oh you mean a meat smoker? Wanna get in to that...but have no idea where to start...so I haven't...yet...

Pirate
No, I gave up the filthy habit close to 40 years ago. I wanted to do the right thing for my kids and set a good role model. So far I'm batting .750, son never started, but my daughter at 46 has tried unsuccessfully to quit over the last 10 or so years. I know it's just a matter of time, she's kind of hinted that she wishes she would have paid attention to what I was doing all them years ago.

Yep, meat and many other things smoker.

The place to start is get the smoker, I fell over a deal at my favorite liquidator. It's a Mastercraft, kind of half the size of a real drum smoker. Made in China for the American company. The quality and specs Mastercraft has obviously kept control of shows. Mine happened to be a discontinued model, at a deep discount. I recommend them if you want a well built "portable" tailgate unit. The plus for me, I can fit it under my trucker capper and lash it to the box

My next step is to aquire a good source of smoker wood. Please don't hate me you real smokers, but for now I use Lump Charcoal and a sack of smoker chips.

Once you start smoking as far as I know there's only one rule no matter what you smoke it's "Low and Slow." And enjoy several wobbly pops for the next oh say 8-24 hours.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM   #46

Colorado
Well, a project I want to take up this Winter and have in my skills sets come next Summer.

So probably lots of questions.

Thanks,

Pirate
Old 09-26-2016, 04:56 PM   #47

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Well, a project I want to take up this Winter and have in my skills sets come next Summer.

So probably lots of questions.

Thanks,

Pirate
Pirate, I have a tried and true rub I can share...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 05:06 PM   #48

Colorado
Don,
I would appreciate info very much.

I have a BBQ sauce recipe that works just great. My Mother found it in Ladies Home Journal the month I was born...May 1954...so I've tweaked it a bit.

I like country style boneless ribs...But up to now I boil them to get the meat cooked, then out on the grill for BBQ and hopefully carmelize the sauce.

But they ain't no "falling off the bone" ribs. And I'd like very much to get there!!!

Thanks,

Pirate
Old 09-26-2016, 05:13 PM   #49

Michigan
Sending in a PM. Smoke baby backs at about 180 or so for about 5 to 5-1/2 hours spraying with apple juice about every hour. When the meat is pulling back off the bone, they're done. Wrap them, let them rest and go to town on them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:12 PM   #50

Texas
I would LOVE having a window to watch the whole process.
But I've been smokin meat long enough now to TRUST in the outcome.
(Fella far brighter than me created the "formula")

Mine is made in good ole USA, all stainless. And the casters are real too. It rolls around smoothly. But the best thing about it is that I can actually cook something my kids will eat.

"SMOKIN-IT" Smoker Model #3
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 07:04 PM   #51

Illinois
NO pictures of BBQ! I'm dying here. Bad enough reading about them. Boy, do they look good.
Rusty

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote