adjusting slide out - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Chassis and Running Gear
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2015, 02:21 PM   #1

Ontario
adjusting slide out

I just purchased a 2011 Denali. Does anyone have any experience adjusting slide outs, the Fifth I just purchased requires adjustment in my opinion. When I extend the slide the motor shuts off at full extension but while retracting the slide I release the retraction button once I hear the motor go under load stress noise which I take tells me the slide has done moving. once I release the button the slide settles back out about .25 inches which I'm not sure if this is normal or not. Should the motor stop(shut off) once full retraction is done like it does on extension or not? right now it just seems to sounds like the motor is under load and can't bring the slide in any further?
Also during retraction the top of the slide out make contact equally on both sides but the bottom is still out equally on the both sides 1-1.5 inches and it barely or not at all, makes contact with the seal. I would like to adjust the slide so at full retraction the slide is completely in top and bottom. I've never done this adjustment and I am hoping someone here who has will give me some pointers. I own a 2011 Denali fifth and its the larger slide on the back that is out of adjustment.

drogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 02:49 AM   #2

Nevada
drogers
I see its a 2011 Denali and what model is it? I think others would like to see photos…Mind the lower part of slide sticks out a little and I checked it was level...

2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:36 AM   #3

Ontario
I will post picks of it in a few weeks I will be away for awhile and unable to take some photos. it's a 262 RLX. Could you post some picks of how far your slide sticks out when retracted, for me to compare against. as well does your drive mtoor turns off when fully retracted and extended or does it just sound like it goes under load and can't move it any further? Thank you.
drogers is offline   Reply With Quote