Vandalism - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2019, 04:42 PM   #1

Prince Edward Island
Vandalism

I recently bought my trailer. As the subject to this thread states it was ripped apart pretty good in the kitchen. If anyone has the 2003 Dutchmen classic 28bh I would appreciate any assistance you can give
I need a new furnace but I am not sure what was there. My local rv dealership suggested a 35000 btu model. Any insight would be appreciated
I also need a stove. I think I will switch everything else to electric

Iwantlessstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:29 PM   #2

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantlessstress View Post
I recently bought my trailer. As the subject to this thread states it was ripped apart pretty good in the kitchen. If anyone has the 2003 Dutchmen classic 28bh I would appreciate any assistance you can give
I need a new furnace but I am not sure what was there. My local rv dealership suggested a 35000 btu model. Any insight would be appreciated
I also need a stove. I think I will switch everything else to electric
The Dutchmen website has owners manuals for that year, you may want to check that area out to see why furnaces are there, stoves,etc.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:41 PM   #3

Prince Edward Island
I talked to them nothing there for my model no information and no information on parts the have nothing from 2001 to 2004
Old 03-16-2019, 09:16 PM   #4

Washington
I would try https://www.trekwood.com/ they have the largest parts inventory I have found.
Denali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:15 PM   #5

California
Not clear on this thread

Are you saying you bought a trailer already in vandalized condition or that it was vandalized after you bought it? Also, why would vandals rip out a kitchen only?
Drinks of choice: any great bourbon-San Diego’s craft beer
Beachbourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:24 PM   #6

Prince Edward Island
I bought it in an online auction. It wasn’t clear pictures inside. I bought it this way. Now I am looking for all the missing parts. Need converter stove furnace hot water heater and fridge. If anyone has a wiring diagram that would be awesome. The rest of the unit is in great condition. I would also like some input on how many btu the furnace should be. 28bh Dutchmen classic with the winter package
Old 03-18-2019, 12:05 AM   #7

California
Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantlessstress View Post
I bought it in an online auction. It wasn’t clear pictures inside. I bought it this way. Now I am looking for all the missing parts. Need converter stove furnace hot water heater and fridge. If anyone has a wiring diagram that would be awesome. The rest of the unit is in great condition. I would also like some input on how many btu the furnace should be. 28bh Dutchmen classic with the winter package
I have done this and had good luck. Ask a dealer near you if they have what you need and they can contact the manufacturer. Or ask Dutchmen for a dealer that can do the worker an what it will require. Fortunately, the appliances are easy to source, and a dealer could do the work for you. The hard part is getting the precise data to do it yourself. But basically you are wiring these appliances into the converter where their fuses are located.

Drinks of choice: any great bourbon-San Diego’s craft beer
Beachbourbon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, propane, stove