Thermostat No Display - Help - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2015, 10:51 PM   #21
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
A side note, my father-in-law was a USAF C-130 FE. Retired mid-70's. He loved that airplane and his job.

My week long excursion to Vietnam was in the guts of a C130, cold as hell and a relief tube up front. USAF fed us cheese sandwiches while on the plane, for obvious reasons. Maybe he flew me there, fortunately on the return trip it was a commercial plane with windows and women.
My BIL is a C-130 engineer, believe they are flying the J models now. Not a lot of creature comforts, but if you want to get there and get back C-130 is the way to go.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 11:06 PM   #22

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
My BIL is a C-130 engineer, believe they are flying the J models now. Not a lot of creature comforts, but if you want to get there and get back C-130 is the way to go.

Aaron
They flew the 130 eight hours at a time then did maintenance for a many hours. We puddle jumped into every air base from Hawaii to Vietnam. 18 hours on Wake Island while they replaced an engine. Not a fun trip given the destination

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 04:02 AM   #23

Texas
Sorry about the thread hijack, but the Herk was a beast of a plane--nothing fancy but always dependable. Spent 3 years flung H models out of Abilene (Dyes AFB). Radney Foster had a great patriotic song about 130's

Video for radney foster angel flight▶ 4:05

Nov 5, 2009 - Uploaded by EllisCreative
Radney Foster music video for "Angel Flight" Proceeds benefit Texas National Guard Family ...
Old 09-07-2015, 08:00 PM   #24

Texas
Cool. I started on HH-60's (Pavehawks) on active duty and then flew the C-5 for a couple of years as an active reservist. What a change of pace and life. Loved aspects of both. Glad I'm done with both now too. This chapter of my life is meant for family time and being home (or RV) with my wife and son. I'd do it the same way again if I had too.

2015 Voltage 3990 w/all the goods.
xplorers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:08 AM   #25

Arkansas
Bad connections here, also.

Jetboatrich, thanks so much for posting this. I traveled Monday and Tuesday. When I pulled over Monday night, my thermostat would not come on. No furnace. I started troubleshooting and chasing wires down before I remembered to look on here for answers. When I followed your instructions, I found the exact same thing. Same mess in the condenser box. The little splice box and the terminator on the wire were both bad. The thermostat resumed working after only replacing the splice. New terminator and dielectric grease inside all of the connections for extra security.

[IMG][/IMG]