Refrigerator cooling time - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #1

Virginia
Refrigerator cooling time

I had a Prowler before tarde for my new V3305. My previous fridge was fast and reach a cool temp from Friday night to Saturday in the afternoon. My new unit fridge, i turn on in Friday and came cool Sunday just before check out.. any hint ?

Biankym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:28 PM   #2

Wyoming
The fridge should reach food safe temperature within a few hours. The outside temperature does have a bearing, if it is very hot outside it will take longer to cool down. Turn the fridge to a colder setting and try to avoid having the sun shine directly on the outdoor portion of the fridge.

When loading the fridge put cooled foods in and I even throw in an ice block into the freezer to give a helping hand.

Also ensure your rig is fairly level, the newer fridges are not as finicky as the older ones but the more level you can make it the better.

If you try these things and it still takes that long to cool I'd get it checked out on warranty.

Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #3

Texas
I have a V3305 and the freezer seems to cool quicker than the fridge portion does. Seems to do it within a few hours though. I think it helps that I stick a bucket of ice in the freezer and cold items in the fridge to get it to cool down faster.
firestone bags with AirRide wireless auto level Curt Q20 on R5 rails
Jbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #4

Ohio
Try putting an ice pack or cold stuff in it will help make Shure its level
kodiak 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:06 AM   #5

Level is the BIG thing with these absorption fridges. The dealers will tell you at least 24 hours. Mine is about 2 hours to feel it getting cold in the freezer yet not freezing point. I would say we wait about 4 hours before we load in the frozen meats and refrigerator items.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:06 AM   #6

I keep bottled water (16.9 oz. size) in my freezer at home and use them in both my ice chest for drinks and to put in the freezer and fridge of the TT to help them cool down on the day of preparation. Then when we need bottled water on the trip for drinking, move from the freezer to the fridge to thaw and voila, nice cold water. I also take along several bottles of bottled water to put in the freezer to keep the ice chest supplied as well as to take along biking, hiking, etc.
BigBoyjack b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:23 AM   #7

Michigan
i leave my fridge on and dont shut it down. i also keep it full of water, both fridge and freezer. just the where are you at now? when will you be done? i do things.
GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:58 AM   #8

Ohio
Keep the doors open or the mold will grow in the fridge better safe than sorry

kodiak 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote