Norcold model N611LT fridge quit working - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2016, 06:50 PM   #1

Colorado
Norcold model N611LT fridge quit working

Hello, we have a Norcold model N611LT fridge in our travel trailer. We went camping 24-26Jun. All food was cold on the evening of 24Jun and the morning of 25Jun. On the evening of 25Jun, I went to get some ice cream and it was thoroughly melted. I checked the fridge and nothing was cold. We were hooked up to electricity and the green "On" light was lit. Overnight, I switched it to propane mode to see if that was the problem. The green "On" light was lit and the amber "Gas" light was lit. Woke up this morning and nothing was cold and most of the food had to be discarded. I checked fuses and the ground fault and nothing was amiss. I also reset all the breakers. The interior fridge light comes on, and the exterior panel lights are on, providing an indication that the fridge is working. But in both electric and gas modes, it does not work. Anybody else have this problem and maybe have a remedy? Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Mike J.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:06 PM   #2

Colorado
I have discovered the error. We were camping on a slight slope and the trailer was not completely level. According to the Norcold owner's manual, if the unit is > 3 degrees side-to-side or > 6 degrees front-to-back, the fridge may not work. We were obviously outside those limits.

We went camping again this weekend and the trailer was completely level and the fridge worked great in propane mode.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:42 PM   #3

Florida
Good job shipmate!

(24 years Navy)
The problem solver: 2017 Tiffin Breeze 32BR
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:55 PM   #4

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoz1893 View Post
I have discovered the error. We were camping on a slight slope and the trailer was not completely level. According to the Norcold owner's manual, if the unit is > 3 degrees side-to-side or > 6 degrees front-to-back, the fridge may not work. We were obviously outside those limits.

We went camping again this weekend and the trailer was completely level and the fridge worked great in propane mode.
Good to know what the limits are since I never got a Norcold manual with my NEW trailer. There was a lot of documentation I didn't get when I bought it.

Dale
DC8Captain is offline   Reply With Quote