no heating in my brand new 2018 Kodiak?? - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2018, 04:57 AM   #21

Utah
Thanks Bill. Yes, you are correct. All of the other 2018 Kodiak Ultra-Lites have heating vents on or near the floor on the walls. This includes units larger AND smaller than ours. But not ours. Just a curiosity.

Hart_family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:22 PM   #22

Oklahoma
The sales Dept. Will tell you just what you want to know, ours is the 283BHSL and sales told me it's good for All Year round, says by door All Seasons

djames37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:00 PM   #23

Utah
Thanks dJames37. Yes - we understand. We don't plan to use it between late October and March, and are not camping in Wisconsin or Antarctica. But even in August, we are at some elevations where it gets close to 32 degrees F in the early morning (and then 80 by the afternoon). We see many many trailers out in the snow and ice during the deer hunt...somehow they are doing it. I assume many of them have "heated underbellys" that help. I know ours has that, so we will see how it goes.
Hart_family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:05 PM   #24

Texas
Hart Family.
I have the same unit and it is exactly as you described. This is our second TT so it wasn't a consideration for us about heating. We've had this trailer only a couple of months and been out to check the systems only once. I'm located in Central Texas and for the past few days we have had over 100 degree temps. We knew a single AC would not be enough to keep the TT cool. Temp rises to about 80 degrees inside during the heat of the day. We are retired and know better to go out in this heat between May-Sept. Just doesn't work for us old folks. lol

As far as heat goes the furnace is way too noisy anyway and as someone mentioned is a propane eater. We usually go to full hook up sites and use a couple of small electric heaters. A whole lot quieter when we are watching movies. We also carry a Big Buddy portable from our last TT that runs on the small bottle propane. Just remember to always crack a couple of windows in the TT to prevent Carbon monoxide poisoning. I crack windows even when using the on-board PP heater. I am so looking forward to heading out in this larger TT when the heat of the summer is over.
Retired U.S. Army & Ret. Deputy Chief Of Police
Chief203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:36 PM   #25

Oklahoma
Right, I retired, I hope June was 75, we haven't had our TT out sense new in last Sept. Cynthia is talking raidation everday in McAlster, OK and she wanted to spend time in TT at near by Lake Mcgee Creek lake in S E Oklahoma.
And yes you are right one day 86 was as low as ours got with the 15000 ac unit, next day changed to shaded pad, made a difference, I shut the AC vents in bunk and bedroom and it dropped to 77° so then when sun down comes all is good it cools all down to 73, good temp for sleeping.
Ok be safe and enjoy your travels

djames37 is offline   Reply With Quote