Max fan repair - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2020, 03:59 PM   #1

Arkansas
Max fan repair

I have this maxfan that needs some repairing. The fan works, but the electric opening and closing do not. I'm having a hard time figuring out what model it is to buy parts. Anyone know? (2015 voltage) Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20201206_095918_3275126724237579680.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	6549

BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 12:43 AM   #2

Alabama
I have a 2015 Voltage V3200 it looks the same as mine. I order a new gear box for it and it opens real nice now. This is the part I ordered from etrailer.

MA10-20281K-1AF
Replacement Operator Mechanism for MaxxAir MaxxFan Plus or MaxxFan Deluxe Roof Vents

cdesero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 05:58 PM   #3

Arkansas
Thanks! I'll look into it
Old 12-12-2020, 09:41 AM   #4

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdesero View Post
I have a 2015 Voltage V3200 it looks the same as mine. I order a new gear box for it and it opens real nice now. This is the part I ordered from etrailer.

MA10-20281K-1AF
Replacement Operator Mechanism for MaxxAir MaxxFan Plus or MaxxFan Deluxe Roof Vents
Very easy to replace. Took me longer to climb up on the roof than it did to replace all three gearboxes. All three of mine work great again!
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 12:55 PM   #5

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by donzinger View Post
Very easy to replace. Took me longer to climb up on the roof than it did to replace all three gearboxes. All three of mine work great again!
Yeah what he said it very easy to do.
Old 12-12-2020, 01:18 PM   #6

Arkansas
Yeah it's just a matter of getting around to it. We jumped into this with both feet not really knowing much at all. Our voltage was 98% working when we set up the first time, but apparently the previous owner sold it at just the right time as a lot of stuff broke almost at once. The rig has had problems at least twice a week the last month. Right now I am in the process of fighting a water heater, but fixing the vent is definitely on the list.

IDK what all parts I'm going to need either. It's not just the gearbox that broke and I haven't had a chance to really dig into it to figure out what else I need.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:17 PM   #7

Alabama
I hear ya. We purchased our 2015 June of 2019 and it was bought and never used go figure. When I say not used all the things in the garage we’re still wrapped in plastic the tailgate had never Been opened but there were things that needed to be fixed ASAP. Upgrade the tires to sailun removed the main A/C so I could get it lined up on the ductwork so it would actually blow cold air and the best fix was the dump valve pulls that were seized up. I changed them to electric 100% the best way to go. Over Christmas vacation we’re making a mad dash to Florida from Michigan to get a sprayed on roof that way I never need to worried about a leaky roof. I can’t find any bad things about these sprayed on roofs.

https://rvroof.com/
Old 12-12-2020, 09:51 PM   #8

Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdesero View Post
I hear ya. We purchased our 2015 June of 2019 and it was bought and never used go figure. When I say not used all the things in the garage we’re still wrapped in plastic the tailgate had never Been opened but there were things that needed to be fixed ASAP. Upgrade the tires to sailun removed the main A/C so I could get it lined up on the ductwork so it would actually blow cold air and the best fix was the dump valve pulls that were seized up. I changed them to electric 100% the best way to go. Over Christmas vacation we’re making a mad dash to Florida from Michigan to get a sprayed on roof that way I never need to worried about a leaky roof. I can’t find any bad things about these sprayed on roofs.

https://rvroof.com/
I'll put sprayed on roof on the things I'd like to have. Ours had a new canvas roof put on last year and I can't find a problem with it, so it's currently on the back burner.

Here's my current list:
High priority:
-Skirt (headed to Iowa tomorrow......they got like 8 inches of snow a couple days ago)
-Water heater (electric side quit....I think I'm probably going tankless as this thing is going to be a PITB to access. I don't want to have to fight it more than once)
-Drip leak on one of the lines near the front.....or maybe it's just condensation because I can't actually see where it's coming from, but can see the possibility of condensation coming from the hot line when it's cold out (2 icicles from the hole in the under panel at the dump line I can't account for)

Low priority:
-Electric valves (already had to fight this battle and couldn't get electrics in a timely fashion. When I can get them easily and it's warm outside, this is happening)
-Keyless entry (we have *one* door key, may as well upgrade if I'm replacing the latches for more keys anyway)
-Vent covers
-Slide covers
-Spray on roof (thanks for the suggestion)

Is there anything else I should be looking at?

We plan on living in this thing for 5 years full time, so we may as well be comfortable. We have a second vehicle in addition to our haul truck that we want to trade in for another 4x4 truck so we aren't afraid of frozen roads and can haul a smallish cargo trailer for a smoker, yard furniture, off season clothes, larger propane bottles, small electric pressure washer, ect.

Even with the difficulties, this has been a load of fun so far. I'm sure at a certain point it'll get annoying at times, but we're enjoying it and making the most of our time in different areas.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:50 AM   #9

Michigan
Where in Michigan?

I toured their place in Green Cove Springs two years ago - neat process and was impressed with the product.

donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote