Issues with my Heater? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2024, 10:03 PM   #1

Arizona
Issues with my Heater?

Hi all! I bought a new-to-me Dutchmen Kodiak 2015 26RLSL, and have a few question I hope someone here can help me with.

When I was trying out the header for the first time yesterday, I found that it would blow nice warm air out of the vents. But at the same time the fan on the AC was blowing out room temp air. It was blowing on high and making a fair amount of noise. Is this supposed to happen? Is there anyway to stop the AC fan from blowing or to at least slow it down a little? The warm air come out of the vents on or near the floor. The AC fan was blowing from the ceiling.

Thanks!!

MKirkF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 03:26 PM   #2

Wisconsin
Please post make and model of air conditioner and furnace.
A picture of the thermostat would be helpful.

persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 05:14 PM   #3

Florida
Warm air from the bottom sounds like the furnace fan?????

Yes n the ac’s make tons of noise. Dometic is coming out with a new AC that is quieter (but they didn’t put a soft start in it???). No clue why.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 03:02 PM   #4

Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKirkF View Post
Hi all! I bought a new-to-me Dutchmen Kodiak 2015 26RLSL, and have a few question I hope someone here can help me with.

When I was trying out the header for the first time yesterday, I found that it would blow nice warm air out of the vents. But at the same time the fan on the AC was blowing out room temp air. It was blowing on high and making a fair amount of noise. Is this supposed to happen? Is there anyway to stop the AC fan from blowing or to at least slow it down a little? The warm air come out of the vents on or near the floor. The AC fan was blowing from the ceiling.

Thanks!!
Sounds like the thermostat fan setting is on "Hi" or "low" which will make the A/C fan come on hi or low whenever the furnace is on as well. I think this is related to heat pump style heaters that work through the A/C unit. Put that fan setting to "auto" and see if that stops the A/C fan from coming on along with the furnace.
Old 06-26-2024, 08:53 PM   #5

Arizona
If both the AC fan up top and the heater fan from the floor come on, I'd suspect a bad thermostat. The fan, cooling, and heating are three totally different settings on mine and with the heater on, the AC does not come on.
chrisski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 11:43 PM   #6

Oregon
Heater and A/C Fan

If you have the digital thermostat go to the fan settings and put it to “manual”. If it’s in auto mode both fans will come on. I had the same problem as they say it helps circulate the hot air from the ceiling, but noises as heck! I have a 2020 Aspen Trail 2750BHS. But most have the Dometic thermostat.
Edwal07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 01:29 PM   #7

Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewarnerusa View Post
Sounds like the thermostat fan setting is on "Hi" or "low" which will make the A/C fan come on hi or low whenever the furnace is on as well. I think this is related to heat pump style heaters that work through the A/C unit. Put that fan setting to "auto" and see if that stops the A/C fan from coming on along with the furnace.
This is a video where the guy is explaining what I mean. Make sure the fan setting on the thermostat is auto to prevent the AC fan from turning on when you are using the heater.
https://youtu.be/sASpCgKkGPo?si=JCoZOVKHImHj18lp
https://youtu.be/sASpCgKkGPo?si=JCoZOVKHImHj18lp

ewarnerusa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, heater