Garage heater prefered choice - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2017, 04:27 AM   #1

Utah
Garage heater prefered choice

We have a 2016 Voltage 4105. Took it in for warranty work because garage heater vent was not blowing hardly at all (among other items) and was told it was working to spec. Long story short I want to install a propane heater in 12.5ft garage. I boondock most of the time and in 2 weeks when we go out I'm expecting lows in 20's. Electric heaters wont work for us. I have done nothing to insulate the garage floor yet. Thats a project for warmer weather.
I've seen a few posts about the Olympian Wave heaters but also read in dusty conditions they dont work well. Again, boondocking and will get dusty. Are there other options or are the wave heaters still the way to go?
I will install whichever heater we buy on the wall. The kitchen stove is literally on the other side of the wall. I'll find a way to tap into propane line there.
If we go with Wave heater is a 6 suffecient? Should we go for 8? Regular lows in 20's is not unheard of for us for early spring and late fall trips.

If you're not laughin' you're not livin'
Cptn Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:28 AM   #2

Texas
Cptn,
I hear a lot of folks in RV's are using the Mr. Heater, Buddy. Might want to check them out too. I have neither, yet but this is in my cart. https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Heater-F23...002G51BZU?th=1

CSCLARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:11 PM   #3

California
The Mr. Heater would be too small for the garage area.
It's the blue flame ones that aren't good in dusty area. I know as my son has one. You want the catalytic type which will work the best. I would go for the 8 as you can never have too much power ( aka Tim Taylor ).
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catalyic, garage heat, heater