E1 error code on Dometic CCC2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2014, 04:11 AM   #1

Texas
E1 error code on Dometic CCC2

Well I have seen it all now. On the 1st trip out with my new 3800 Toyhauler, we had to cut the vacation short due to no AC. 500 miles from home, frustrated with less than acceptable OEM support and scheduled 2 weeks out for a shop to take me in... Finally I tore into the wiring from thermostat to each AC unit. After replacing several RJ11 connectors and still only Zone 1 showing up, I gave up and went on top.

After removing the cap and duct cover on the center unit, I found a mess of wiring crammed down in the duct work. Condensation from the coils had shorted out one of the cheap phone style butt connectors and cable ends.

$2.97 for a new connector, replaced the cable end and WALA! All 3 Zones are back on the t-stat and all units are back to working.

Now if I can figure out how to make the led strip under the awning to work properly.....

Mogie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:24 AM   #2

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogie1 View Post
Well I have seen it all now. On the 1st trip out with my new 3800 Toyhauler, we had to cut the vacation short due to no AC. 500 miles from home, frustrated with less than acceptable OEM support and scheduled 2 weeks out for a shop to take me in... Finally I tore into the wiring from thermostat to each AC unit. After replacing several RJ11 connectors and still only Zone 1 showing up, I gave up and went on top.

After removing the cap and duct cover on the center unit, I found a mess of wiring crammed down in the duct work. Condensation from the coils had shorted out one of the cheap phone style butt connectors and cable ends.

$2.97 for a new connector, replaced the cable end and WALA! All 3 Zones are back on the t-stat and all units are back to working.

Now if I can figure out how to make the led strip under the awning to work properly.....
Nice find on your AC issue. That is quite the rats nest of wiring up there isn't it? I'm suprised we get any air flow from all the wires taking up space in the return section of the fan.

2011 Ford F-350 Dually
2014 Voltage 3950
Hazerdous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:03 AM   #3

Michigan
My awning LED strip was mounted from the factory with the remote sensor pointing toward the rig so the remote could not talk to the light strip. There is a small "bulb" protruding from the one side of the remote sensor that needs to point outward. That was my fix and mine work fine now from the remote.
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:03 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Interesting to say the least. Now we know there are IR and RF controllers on the awnings.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote