BBQ non regulated - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #1

BBQ non regulated

Has any one used the exterior accessory coupler that is used for the outside stove burners for a BBQ? I realize this line is off the already regulated system, so a BBQ without a regulator would be needed. I looked at Camping world and they only appear to sell BBQs with a built in reg. Any suggestions for a brand name and where to buy( and the hose) ?? Thanks

winglessprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #2

British Columbia
Re: BBQ non regulated

I think both thejean and FlyingDutchmen have done what your asking and I and my friend from the Badger State are wanting to do the same thing.
Can't ' remember but someone was going to post a material list of the parts needed and some pics.
I want to run both my grill and stove off the outside supply line.

Hope this helps

Coops

Canada
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #3

With my limited knowledge & research, I think its a matter of finding the correct BBQ and hose with a coupler. Not much info on line, I am supprised this is not more popular concidering I belive most new RVs have this coupler factory installed. Boy wallymart is shure missing out on a lot of business, they dont appear to realize how many people are RVers.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
Community Founder

winglessprint,
Check this one out.
http://www.amazon.com/Camco-57305-Ol.../dp/B0014JN68O

From the web page.
Quote:
Your new grill is designed to operate with any RV or trailer equipped with a low-pressure quick-connect propane outlet. When you receive your grill it will be factory equipped with the proper propane gas quick-connect and hose assembly to connect to your RV or trailer. If the RV or trailer does not have a low-pressure quick-connect propane outlet, you may purchase an accessory hose that will connect your grill to a 5 lb or 20 LB propane cylinder or to a 1 LB throwaway cylinder. There are several other options to use your RV or trailer's propane if you are not already equipped.
eRVm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #5

I'm actually still looking for the right hose but haven't got round to it.thejean has one it & i think is posting a list & pics when he returns from his trip....

Colin & Karen
Calgary Alberta
2012 3500 Longhorn Ram Crew Cab
2012 Dutchmen Sport 265 BHS
FlyingDutchmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:28 AM   #6

British Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDutchmen
I'm actually still looking for the right hose but haven't got round to it.thejean has one it & i think is posting a list & pics when he returns from his trip....

Thanks my friend

Coops
Canada
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #7

I checked out the camco, lots of complaints for 149.00 and it only has a chrome plated grate? thought that was in the 1970s! Lowes appears to have a stainless one for around the same money.I will check onr out when we RV to Grove city PA in two weeks. I found out the problem is when the regulator is not removable, the second reg (on the BBQ) does not recieve enough pressure to activate it when it is plugged into the low pressure line.