Amana Oven/Cooktop Replacement - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2016, 07:15 PM   #1

Washington
Amana Oven/Cooktop Replacement

We are looking to replace the current oven/cooktop we have in our Grand Junction that is an Amana.
I read that they are no longer making these and we must go with Atwood and I have no issue with that, I am looking to see where everyone feels good prices are for RV appliances and opinions on which model oven you may have.

Rannypapa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:59 PM   #2

British Columbia
Being as your dealing with a gas appliance, They are all about the same as far as function and performance when you compare BTUs.

Has your Amana become unserviceable or has it just become ugly from use. Our old Airstream had the original 20 year old stove in it when we sold it. Was not the prettiest with all the rust and chips in the enamel, but worked fine. Over the years I replaced some of the cosmetic stuff to keep my DW happy.

A good price, would be at least 30% off of the inflated "RV" prices your local dealer wants. Try ebay, I have seen a few new ones show up at very good prices over the years.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:43 PM   #3

Oklahoma
My gas stove top works fine but my oven does not. Won't light, no gas. Is there a separate gas valve for the oven? This is a 2006 Dutchmen 18B and I've never tried to use the stove until now.
kiowachief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:22 PM   #4

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiowachief View Post
My gas stove top works fine but my oven does not. Won't light, no gas. Is there a separate gas valve for the oven? This is a 2006 Dutchmen 18B and I've never tried to use the stove until now.
Your oven most likely has a pilot that needs to be lit. Did you follow the instructions to light the pilot? In most models, it requires turning to pilot, pushing the knob and holding it while you use a match or lighter in the oven to light it. You may need to keep the knob pushed for 30 seconds to a minute. Once the pilot stays lit, you can use the oven.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:33 PM   #5

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdonoghu View Post
Your oven most likely has a pilot that needs to be lit. Did you follow the instructions to light the pilot? In most models, it requires turning to pilot, pushing the knob and holding it while you use a match or lighter in the oven to light it. You may need to keep the knob pushed for 30 seconds to a minute. Once the pilot stays lit, you can use the oven.
~this~
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote