Advent Flash Freeze - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2014, 05:29 PM   #1

Oklahoma
Advent Flash Freeze

Has anyone on here installled the Avent Flash Freeze on thier Advent A/C units this allows the unit to dump air striaght out fo the unit instead of using the ducts.

sprintcarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:29 PM   #2

Delaware
Interesting. I wonder if they still make it because when I spoke to Advent about my AC issues they suggested switching from the ducted interior panel to the non ducted one. They didn't say anything about this.

It is similar in concept to a Dometic unit I just saw in my buddies new Rockwood. It is a ducted unit, but had vents you could open on the interior section to cool things quickly.

I need to call Advent back now...

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:36 PM   #3

Delaware
I called Advent and they do make this product. There is however no mention of it on their website and they do not sell it. I was told to order it through a distributor. I also talked to tech support because I have the brown analog thermostat. He said once I switch out the interior unit. I can use the thermostat wiring that came in the unit but it would not be plug and play. He sent me the wiring diagram and I can email it to anyone who wants it. I am definitely going to do this.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
Old 07-29-2014, 07:33 PM   #4

Delaware
I just ordered it from here: Advent Air ACRG15 Flash Freeze Ducted Ceiling Assembly Kit

Best price I could find and I put in 2nd day shipping. They called me and said they could have it to me in the same amount of time with ground shipping and adjusted my charge accordingly.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
Old 08-01-2014, 04:39 PM   #5

Delaware
The unit arrived today. It includes the new interior panel, interior flange, new digital relay control, the digital thermostat, freeze sensor and mounting bolts. I have been wanting to do a digital thermostat upgrade so I will be swapping out the control relay but it looks like you could just swap the panel if you wanted. It has three output vents directly on the panel that you can open or close. It is almost identical to the Dometic piece I mentioned above.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
Old 08-04-2014, 03:25 PM   #6

Delaware
Install was fairly straight forward. I was going to use the original metal frame that was already installed in my unit but I discovered two of the mounting holes are not there. I could have used self taping screws but the new frame has the appropriate stickers and part numbers to match the flash freeze so I swapped everything out. The flash freeze panel is also bigger so there are two screws that go directly into the ceiling.

Old metal frame and control relay prior to removal.

Here is the new flash freeze panel installed. The three tabs on the back section are for the direct dump vents.

Two of the new digital thermostat. Since I was replacing the big brown analog thermostat I had to wire in the new piece. The old one used eight wires while the new one uses four. Very simple following the included diagrams. I used a little wood filler to fill in one of the holes from the old thermostat.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
Old 09-24-2014, 11:57 PM   #7

Texas
prm99v6 you seem to be very knowledgeable about the A/C . I was browsing your shutterfly account. I am interested in installing the ACRG15 flash freeze unit in my 2013 Aerolite 282DBHS. We were having the same problems you were having with the duct work. We took it to Camping World and they just blocked the airway to keep it from cooling the bathroom. I know that you rerouted your ducting to make it more efficient. I'm not sure i want to tackle that at this moment, but I wanted to ask you for some pointers on installing the flash freeze unit. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated, Maybe you can point me to a helpful video of some kind. Thanks in advance.
KH63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:02 AM   #8

Delaware
All the work to the system made huge improvements but the Flash Freeze really allows you to cool the trailer quick and the install really was fairly simple. I started by removing the interior panel (after shutting off the circuit and pulling 12 volt fuse) and then disconnecting all the wires. There are 8 wires with the analog thermostat and only 4 on the digital. Pick you colors (on mine all but one matched the new wiring harness). I wired up and mounted the new t-stat at the wall side next. Then remove the control relay assembly and then the 4 bolts holding the frame the the AC unit. You will have to cut the foam and tape on the divider (separates intake from return) to pull the frame out. Then just go in reverse to install starting with the new frame and divider followed by control relay. Once the relay is mounted you can install the new foam and tape the divider. Make sure to completely seal the intake and return side with good foil tape. Finish the wiring (all plug and play except for t-stat) and install new interior panel. Then test. My last step included a bead of white silicone around the panel against the ceiling to seal it and fill any gaps. Take note that two screws that hold the panel on go directly into the ceiling ( 6 total now instead of 6). Make sure the entire intake and return areas are sealed really well before reinstalling the panel.

If you have any questions let me know. Good luck.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
Old 11-05-2014, 11:19 PM   #9

Washington
Would like to see the wiring diagram when you get it, I'm looking at the same mod. BTW, the tech rep told me the same thing - "this is what you want but we don't sell it"

Peter Goddu is offline   Reply With Quote