Advent ACTH11C thermostat max limit - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2020, 08:18 PM   #1

Alabama
Advent ACTH11C thermostat max limit

Hi guys! I have a 2014 Kodiak 279RBSL with the Advent Air ACTH11C analog wall thermostat with digital display (in black). I've had the unit a little over 2 years and we live in it full-time. Up until now, I've been able to crank the dial to where the display reads "86" when leaving the house (south Alabama, don't want it running all day while we're at work). It actually would continue to turn just a little after displaying "86" but that's the highest number it would display. Now, when turning it up when leaving, it only goes to 83 at the dead stop on the dial. My AC is running all day and it's going to cost me a fortune, as our park meters our electricity. Is there anything I can do short of replacing it? Maybe some adjustment I'm not seeing when I crack the thing open? Thanks!

Grojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:32 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Quick fix would be to put a kill switch cutting the signal to the A/C unit.

Technoguy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:51 PM   #3

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technoguy54 View Post
Quick fix would be to put a kill switch cutting the signal to the A/C unit.
Do you mean just killing power for a few seconds to see if it resets? I would need to disconnect the battery, as the thermostat diplay is still on when I cut the breakers.

I can turn the unit to the "off" position, but it gets way too hot here to just kill it all day. That once happened by accident, and I can report the display on the thermostat only goes up to 99.
Grojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 11:16 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Or perhaps an in line timer that might throttle the thermostat on and off until you can define the problem.
Technoguy54 is offline   Reply With Quote