Tank heaters - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2020, 06:47 PM   #1

Arkansas
Tank heaters

2015 voltage 3990. I have 3 tank heater controls on the panel, 2 black tanks, 2 greys, and a fresh water. Does anyone know which tanks are heated or if maybe they are all heated?

BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 12:35 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Tank heaters

All tanks except the water tanks are heated with 50 watt 12V pads and controlled by a attached thermistor to keep them from over heating

elfaqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:48 AM   #3

Colorado
I am new to this forum, so I don't know how to post a question.
I purchased a 2017 Coleman Light 1805RB. The brochures say it has tank heaters, but I cannot find out where to switch them on. Can anyone help?
ccmllc5280@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:20 AM   #4

Florida
Look and see if you have 12v fuses labeled for the heaters. My RV has switches in the main system control panel.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:48 AM   #5

Colorado
Thanks, I'll check that. I have the InCommand system, I assume the tank heater switch will be on there?
ccmllc5280@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:27 PM   #6

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmllc5280@gmail.com View Post
Thanks, I'll check that. I have the InCommand system, I assume the tank heater switch will be on there?

My tank heaters are wired to three separate toggle switches and not controlled by the iN·Command. My Voltage is a 2018. It is possible the tank heaters are integrated into the iN·Command on newer models. My generator has a separate switch but on newer models it is integrated into the iN·Command. I would think they want as much as possible integrated because in the long run it saves them time and money on hardware.
Old 04-23-2021, 12:12 PM   #7

Florida
He may need to restart the in command system in order to “find” all the devices that are connected.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:57 PM   #8

California
Tank heaters

It’s either controlled by the iN·Command or toggle switches but can’t be both. On my trailer there are three identical switches next to each other without labels indicating which tank but they are labeled as tank heaters.

If controlled by iN·Command he can also remove the cover form the main board and see if there is an input appropriately labeled.

Also, if he goes into the set up screen on the touch panel he can see if there is even an option to check for tank heaters. If there is no option then he certainly has hard switches somewhere but even if the option exists there is still a chance that they are still hard wired to physical switches. For instance, my set up allows me to enable a second black tank but since I don’t have a second black tank it is not used.