Swivel Cleaning Devices for Blackwater Tank - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2019, 04:15 PM   #1

Oregon
Swivel Cleaning Devices for Blackwater Tank

Curious if any of you use one of the swiveling cleaning devices made for extra cleaning of your blackwater tank? We have a hose port of the side of or Kodiak Ultra for allowing water to be sprayed into the tank for some extra cleaning but thinking the swivel devices would add yet another level of cleaning to a somewhat odious chore.

If you do use one of these devices, and like it, would you share which brand and model?

Thanks

Researchhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:49 PM   #2

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Researchhound View Post
Curious if any of you use one of the swiveling cleaning devices made for extra cleaning of your blackwater tank? We have a hose port of the side of or Kodiak Ultra for allowing water to be sprayed into the tank for some extra cleaning but thinking the swivel devices would add yet another level of cleaning to a somewhat odious chore.

If you do use one of these devices, and like it, would you share which brand and model?

Thanks

I recently bought one and used it once. I went thru a thorough fill and rinse several times as part of my annual ritual. Then I bought this one to see if it helped or not. Nothing extra came out. But I kind of expected that. Using it on regular basis cant hurt. My only issue was that our pipe feeding the tank is very long. See other posts. This limits the range of motion of the "wand" in the vertical.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have fun!

Old 07-29-2019, 05:50 PM   #3

Tennessee
If you have a relatively straight shot into the black tank this hydroflush is hard to beat you can get it 45 or 90 degree. It works far better than the factory spray ball does.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:04 AM   #4

Texas
Best black tank flusher for me is a sprinkler head on some 3/4" PVC with a valve and water hose connection. Set the sprinkler head rotation to 360 degrees. Open the toilet foot valve and drop it in the tank so it is just off the bottom and flush away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190714_135453.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	5706   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190714_135356.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	5707  
pctomlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:51 PM   #5

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by pctomlin View Post
Best black tank flusher for me is a sprinkler head on some 3/4" PVC with a valve and water hose connection. Set the sprinkler head rotation to 360 degrees. Open the toilet foot valve and drop it in the tank so it is just off the bottom and flush away.
You will probably see this in Trailer Life this coming issue... Great idea by the way!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:36 AM   #6

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
If you have a relatively straight shot into the black tank this hydroflush is hard to beat you can get it 45 or 90 degree. It works far better than the factory spray ball does.
We've had multiple RV's and for some reason our current RV won't drain the black tank all with way on it's own, even when tilting the trailer. I purchased the similar Valterra reverse flush attachment but the one with the gate valve. Valterra Flush King 45 Degree Reverse Flush Valve Attachment. My drain valve is offset quite a bit from the tank and having the gate valve on the attachment allows you to build up water in the tank and flush multiple times until clean. And the clear plastic allows you to see when it flushes clean. I use the san-t-flush inlet on the trailer and the Valterra Flush King still cleans out a lot of "crap" out of the tank even after using the san-t-flush. I highly recommend the Valterra Flush King attachment.

2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L Power Stroke 4 X 4 Platinum
RetirementTime is offline   Reply With Quote