Shower leaking - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2020, 11:44 PM   #1

Texas
Shower leaking

Just purchased a used 2018 Dutchmen Voltage 3005. Took it out last weekend for the first time. The shower seems to leak but I'm not sure from where. If I get underneath it in the storage area it seems to come down from where the water lines go to the faucet/handle. However, when I removed this from the inside of the shower it was bone dry. I thought it might be coming from where the walls and the pan meet. I've read that these are purposely not caulked. However, I really am not sure. I checked the drain underneath in the storage area - it is very accessible - nothing. Dry as a bone. Anyone heard or experienced anything like this? When I am under there and the shower hose/handle is left to dangle in the shower and the water is running I definitely get water running out of the hole in the floor/top of the storage compartment where the water lines seem to run up to the faucet. However, at other times - I assume it is when the shower head is pointed somewhere else - I don't get any water running out. BTW - just recalled this. The way I realized I had a leak problem was when I was standing in the bathroom itself and noticed water coming out from beneath the shower pan (i.e. running out from under the shower pan onto the floor). It was not a ton of water but it definitely was leaking. Various investigation paths led me to remove the faucet controls from the inside of the shower - again, dry - and then look in the storage compartment underneath.

Any advise/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I was going to calk the line where the walls and the pan meet (or the walls overlap the pan) but have found many references not to as this is a deliberate design.

Thanks in advance.

rlpatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:23 AM   #2

California
In my prior trailer I had a leak in the water lines before the faucet down low. If I recall there was an elbow and it leaked at that fitting.

If there is a leak down there you would still leak when not running just when under pressure with the city water hookup or the pump on.

If it only leaks when the shower is on then I would say it is likely at the faucet/valves which you say is dry. So this is odd.

How about the drain pipe somewhere below the shower floor. How about you get a big bucket of water and poor it down the shower drain? Do this with no city water connection and without the water pump running. If you see the leak then you have just eliminated all of the water supply plumbing and can go from there.

Like I said if you only notice the leak when the shower is running it is likely in the drain and/or related drain plumbing.

Good luck.

Old 11-14-2020, 10:01 PM   #3

Alabama
Our 2015 voltage 3200 shower would leak periodically into the pass thru storage. Took me a few times to find it. It ended up being the access hole below the shower faucet. I removed the screws bought new SS screws then pulled the plastic thing off the wall to find that there was no gasket/ caulk so I put some caulk on it then reinstalled it with the new SS screws. Leak was gone.
cdesero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 11:08 PM   #4

Pennsylvania
Shower leak

Had water leak in my storage area coming from behind the shower stall above. Water was running onto the control board for the heater, making the heater fan run constantly. WOW!
Turned off the water to the trailer. Found a switch on the heater control board which turned off the fan.

Turns out there were 4 pex lines running up into the cavity in the corner of the shower stall. Two were for hot and cold to the shower faucet. The other two were running from the black tank flush hose connector up into the cavity and back down to the black tank. At the top of those lines was an atmospheric shut off valve which was designed to keep black water from backing up to the tank flush hose connector. Found out it was placed there because that valve needed to be 3 ft above the black tank. Vibration had broken that line.

Not saying that is your problem but if you have more than two water lines running from the storage area up to the shower faucets it might be worth a check.
KECoats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 12:06 PM   #5

Maryland
I have a v3005, it was leaking where the walls and the shower meet. I had to caulk these and never had a problem since.
hilbilydavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 02:06 PM   #6

Texas
I was dealing with this same exact thing..Lines were dry and remained dry during showers but puddles formed along wall and from under the shower. I had recently cleaned the drain from all the woman hair and it started shortly after..I have tried several things and the final thing that stopped it was I removed the drain, checked to make sure no debris was in the way and re-seated the drain cover and tightened the screw..(a good hand tightening) haven't seen any water since..Hope yours is as simple as mine..

pipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote