Sewer plumbing questions from a noob. - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2020, 06:46 AM   #21

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex View Post
Does anyone here know if a valterra valve will work between bristol flanges?
I have installed Valterra electric dump valves on all four of my Voltage tanks - best thing I ever did. The bolt right in place of the original blade valves.

donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 02:00 PM   #22

Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by donzinger View Post
I have installed Valterra electric dump valves on all four of my Voltage tanks - best thing I ever did. The bolt right in place of the original blade valves.
I'm going to do this in the spring when it's not so cold and I am hopefully on a cement pad. I was trying to go with a different brand that allowed the use of any brand valve, but if valterra is the only thing I can find when the time comes I'll make that switch. I really want to be able to dump tanks from inside.

BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:07 PM   #23

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex View Post
I'm going to do this in the spring when it's not so cold and I am hopefully on a cement pad. I was trying to go with a different brand that allowed the use of any brand valve, but if valterra is the only thing I can find when the time comes I'll make that switch. I really want to be able to dump tanks from inside.
I thought about putting my dump switches inside and that is where I thought they were going to put them when I had the electrics installed. Come to find out, putting them outside is better than having to walk back and forth to get them closed and opened when flushing. I have a black tank flusher (waterer) and I need to be outside to operate it. I DO wish they had put them darned switches in a place easier to get to.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 10:42 PM   #24

Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
I thought about putting my dump switches inside and that is where I thought they were going to put them when I had the electrics installed. Come to find out, putting them outside is better than having to walk back and forth to get them closed and opened when flushing. I have a black tank flusher (waterer) and I need to be outside to operate it. I DO wish they had put them darned switches in a place easier to get to.
Ya know I had thought about that. I have whiribirds too (santi-flushes). Small electric solenoids for garden hoses aren't expensive or difficult to wire in. Maybe I'll incorporate something like that for the flushes. IDK. I have until spring to think it over. I do know that I want to build a water manifold so I only have one hose coming from the spiket to the RV and I can operate the flushes, city water to rv, hand washing station, and fresh fill by just turning valves instead of hooking up hoses just to take them back off. I could use a bigger better water filter too. I plan on mounting said manifold in the basement and installing a hose reel for quick rig up/rig down.
BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 07:22 AM   #25

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
I put the switches right in place of the old pull handles for the two main tanks in the wet closet and put the other two in there as well relocating them from being frame mounted. I like to be able to see that the tanks are clean using my clear connector on the stinky slinky and operate the valves accordingly.
Old 12-02-2020, 04:38 AM   #26

Wyoming
How do you replace the manual valves with electric ones? Is this something that an RV mechanic / shop can do?
ccat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:37 AM   #27

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccat View Post
How do you replace the manual valves with electric ones? Is this something that an RV mechanic / shop can do?
They can easily do it, but you will pay. It is an easy job - just be sure your tanks are flushed well. Hardest part is locating the existing valve without dropping a large portion of the belly covering. I located them and cut flaps in the material to do the job and taped the holes back up - they make a tape for the cloroplast we have covering the belly of our rigs. There are four bolts holding the valve in the place. Use a spreading type clamp to open the gap up for the swap and run the wires - easy to do.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:25 AM   #28

Connecticut
If you leave the black tank open because your connected or drain it to often your going to have problems with build ups and pyramids.
kimbo@alum.mit.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:29 AM   #29

Arizona
Dont leave the black drain open. "things" happen plus the smell backs up into your trailer.
steve weston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:48 PM   #30

North Carolina
I installed this hose fitting to the cold water line under the bathroom sink to keep from dragging a hose through the camper for wand flushing the black tank. Funny thing is, since the first time I had to wand the toilet I haven’t needed it. I believe it had a partial pyramid from the original owner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0C6D2850-81AB-4794-A3FD-F044449BBE28.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	6768  
Gonefishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:55 PM   #31

Nevada
Twist-on Valve

Until you fix everything, get a Valteraa Twist-on valve at Camping world #27868 only around $20.00 I had trouble with my valves and used this on my Toy Hauler which I have 2 drains, and then changed to electric valves and still have the Twist-ons as extra safety...

2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote