Leak on fresh water tank - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2014, 05:11 AM   #1

Colorado
Leak on fresh water tank

Hello, new owner here, my family and I picked up our new rubicon 2500 about a week ago and are headed out tomorrow for a two nighter to see how it does. When doing all the checks I had the fresh water tank about 1/3 full with no issues, everything worked perfect and no leaks. Tonight I dumped the fresh tanks and refilled until full so we can leave tomorrow when I get home from work. Once the tanks were full I shut off the water walk in the garage and back and hear dripping in the basement. . It gets worse and starts running out, so I pull both drains and take a walk. When looking into the issue I find that there are actually two fresh tanks with two equalizing lines and a fill line going into one tank. The two equalizing hoses on the forward tank are barely on the nipples, like 1/4" and the hose clamps are so tight it has deformed the end of the nipples. Needless to say I get it fixed up in a few minutes like they originally should have been. Anyone else had this kind of lazy work done? And why the two tanks? Anyways just thought I would share, still love this thing and can't wait to wear it out.

P.S. how do I get the basement back on tight again, self tappers?

branjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:36 AM   #2

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by branjg View Post
Hello, new owner here, my family and I picked up our new rubicon 2500 about a week ago and are headed out tomorrow for a two nighter to see how it does. When doing all the checks I had the fresh water tank about 1/3 full with no issues, everything worked perfect and no leaks. Tonight I dumped the fresh tanks and refilled until full so we can leave tomorrow when I get home from work. Once the tanks were full I shut off the water walk in the garage and back and hear dripping in the basement. . It gets worse and starts running out, so I pull both drains and take a walk. When looking into the issue I find that there are actually two fresh tanks with two equalizing lines and a fill line going into one tank. The two equalizing hoses on the forward tank are barely on the nipples, like 1/4" and the hose clamps are so tight it has deformed the end of the nipples. Needless to say I get it fixed up in a few minutes like they originally should have been. Anyone else had this kind of lazy work done? And why the two tanks? Anyways just thought I would share, still love this thing and can't wait to wear it out.

P.S. how do I get the basement back on tight again, self tappers?
Welcome to the forum and welcome to the wonderful world of THOR INDUSTRIES.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote